Sponsored

Truck jumps like I got hit after coming to complete stop.

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
I’ve had the pleasure of having to move mid process. My second dealership is refusing to even speak to the first dealership claiming they have to do their own diagnosis which I am sure will result in the same answer as before… @ford wouldn’t it make sense for your dealerships to at least coordinate in a situation like this?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I’ve had the pleasure of having to move mid process. My second dealership is refusing to even speak to the first dealership claiming they have to do their own diagnosis which I am sure will result in the same answer as before… @ford wouldn’t it make sense for your dealerships to at least coordinate in a situation like this?
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can assist with your concerns on my end.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
On Friday January 6th I was in town in eco mode at a red light when I thought someone rear ended me. I went ahead home and no stops from there, it didn't happen rest of the day. Saturday I noticed the bump the first time in town, in eco mode, then after that first one it did the bump after every stop, after almost exactly 3 seconds pretty violent at times. Going to call my dealer Monday morning, we'll see how well they are equipped for this type of problem.

Baydog17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
Retired
On Friday January 6th I was in town in eco mode at a red light when I thought someone rear ended me. I went ahead home and no stops from there, it didn't happen rest of the day. Saturday I noticed the bump the first time in town, in eco mode, then after that first one it did the bump after every stop, after almost exactly 3 seconds pretty violent at times. Going to call my dealer Monday morning, we'll see how well they are equipped for this type of problem.
Good luck, it took almost 4 months to get the aux pump for my truck, if you drive it in tow haul mode you won’t get the bump.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I use brake stopped every day multiple times. No issues.

I assume you either have a good auxiliary pump or you don't. I don't think using the auxiliary pump hurts it. :)

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Auxiliary pump:

Ford F-150 Truck jumps like I got hit after coming to complete stop. Screenshot_20230107_224639_OneDrive

It's located inside the transmission enclosure at the very rear, but just inside the pan. #19

Ford F-150 Truck jumps like I got hit after coming to complete stop. Screenshot_20230107_225102_OneDrive

Main pump is gear driven off the input shaft and also accessible from removing the pan. Blue in the picture.
Known to make a whine on some 10r80's from the plastic shroud rubbing against the gear drive.

Ford F-150 Truck jumps like I got hit after coming to complete stop. Screenshot_20230107_224807_OneDrive

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey there! I can look into your F-150’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Auxiliary pump:

Screenshot_20230107_224639_OneDrive.jpg

It's located inside the transmission enclosure at the very rear, but just inside the pan. #19

Screenshot_20230107_225102_OneDrive.jpg

Main pump is gear driven off the input shaft and also accessible from removing the pan. Blue in the picture.
Known to make a whine on some 10r80's from the plastic shroud rubbing against the gear drive.

Screenshot_20230107_224807_OneDrive.jpg
Just curious, is the shifter solenoid on these images or do you know where that is located? When they replaced my aux pump back in sept after 9 weeks waiting, that went out while repairing, so I am curious where it is in relation to the aux pump.

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Thought I would chime in for an update - when I created this thread, I found that I had a bad aux pump and it took about 9 weeks to get one in. While repairing, they couldn't shift it out of gear (shifter solenoid is what I was told), so here we are at week 21 come tomorrow waiting for that part to come in. The good news is the part FINALLY came in today, so fingers crossed nothing else breaks while they put that in and that there isn't anything else wrong. I was able to drive for the 9 weeks waiting on pump, but not the last 21 weeks.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Thought I would chime in for an update - when I created this thread, I found that I had a bad aux pump and it took about 9 weeks to get one in. While repairing, they couldn't shift it out of gear (shifter solenoid is what I was told), so here we are at week 21 come tomorrow waiting for that part to come in. The good news is the part FINALLY came in today, so fingers crossed nothing else breaks while they put that in and that there isn't anything else wrong. I was able to drive for the 9 weeks waiting on pump, but not the last 21 weeks.
That's great news, they just diagnosed mine with the aux pump today at 5:30. I asked him if they told him an ETA, he said no, no timeline at all. Although my Ford agent may do something to help, I doubt it though. I wonder how thorough they are on The history of the situation such as yours, it would be nice if they would keep some extras in stock. I'm starting my timer for my part.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
That's great news, they just diagnosed mine with the aux pump today at 5:30. I asked him if they told him an ETA, he said no, no timeline at all. Although my Ford agent may do something to help, I doubt it though. I wonder how thorough they are on The history of the situation such as yours, it would be nice if they would keep some extras in stock. I'm starting my timer for my part.
I asked my dealer to order a shifter solenoid and an aux pump for me, I don't mind purchasing them, but with the rate these are going out and my fear that each new one installed is a roll of the dice on whether its going to last or not, better safe than sorry. I figure worse case if I find I don't need it in the future, I can likely find someone on here that needs one. Worse case if someone is waiting a while, I could send them mine and have them replace it when their dealer gets the part in. Maybe if we all get spares, we can help each other out by having a small inventory floating around, lol....

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Hope the wait isn't long for you - I've seen some waiting 4.5 months for the pump lately. I think they tend to purchase these in some set quantity. Seems like whenever I needed a part, they always had 80 on order so maybe you'll get lucky and there's enough in the pipeline to cut the wait time. When I pick up my truck I'll see if he has any news on my spare pump coming in, if I get it before your dealer has a date, I may be able to help you out and have you replace my spare when they get yours in.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Hope the wait isn't long for you - I've seen some waiting 4.5 months for the pump lately. I think they tend to purchase these in some set quantity. Seems like whenever I needed a part, they always had 80 on order so maybe you'll get lucky and there's enough in the pipeline to cut the wait time. When I pick up my truck I'll see if he has any news on my spare pump coming in, if I get it before your dealer has a date, I may be able to help you out and have you replace my spare when they get yours in.
I'll ask as well if they got more than one in as well. Although I know you'll get yours way before mine. I'm wondering about the solenoid now as well.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just curious, is the shifter solenoid on these images or do you know where that is located? When they replaced my aux pump back in sept after 9 weeks waiting, that went out while repairing, so I am curious where it is in relation to the aux pump.
You can see them attached to the valve body in the image below.

Ford F-150 Truck jumps like I got hit after coming to complete stop. Screenshot_20230118_210623_OneDrive

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
My part just arrived after it starting in October however just yesterday I noticed it was leaking what I’m guessing was transmission fluid. Hopefully it will be quick but during that time I moved and now the new dealer has to do their own diagnosis….. wish me luck
Sponsored