Sponsored

Truck jumps like I got hit after coming to complete stop.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
You may want to see about them doing a valve break in learn procedure for the transmission. I had these same issues and once they did this it fixed it. I guess the procedure cycles the solenoids in the valve body extremely fast to remove any micro material that maybe causing slight valve sticking causing abrupt shifts. Seems to be a common issue with new trucks. The procedure is in FDRS, but the truck needs to be on a frame lift to do.
This may not fix your issue but might be an option to look into with the dealers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Was hoping for a Christmas Miracle and to have my truck back by Christmas, just got a call that my part won't come in now for at least another month. My service ticket was opened in mid July for aux pump, that came in 9 weeks later but a shift solenoid went out while repairing the aux pump. So truck has been sitting at dealer since mid Sept, which is ridiculous for such a simple part.

Baydog17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Was hoping for a Christmas Miracle and to have my truck back by Christmas, just got a call that my part won't come in now for at least another month. My service ticket was opened in mid July for aux pump, that came in 9 weeks later but a shift solenoid went out while repairing the aux pump. So truck has been sitting at dealer since mid Sept, which is ridiculous for such a simple part.
That sucks, I finally got my second pump after 4 months of waiting, they installed it and I got my truck back yesterday so far no more bump. Hope you get your part soon.

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
That sucks, I finally got my second pump after 4 months of waiting, they installed it and I got my truck back yesterday so far no more bump. Hope you get your part soon.
Thanks! Glad it seems to be working. Sad part on mine is the pump came in 9 weeks which at the time seemed like forever, they installed it but it never was driven after that, they couldn't shift out of park at that point and had to order the solenoid. If the part actually comes in by mid Jan, will have been 4 months on that second part. I feel like I should go online and order a pump and solenoid, may get one in 6-9 months, but at least if it goes out again I'll have one. Worse case, I'm sure someone else will need it down the line, lol....

Beare3

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Information Technology
Call my dealership (AutoNation Ford Brooksville, FL...) - they are fixing to get an extra one for mine that was shipped duplicate...FORD has no idea what they are doing - Customer Service called me last night about my "express" part was being delivered Friday....I picked up my truck LAST WEEKEND after dealership fixed it after the parts arrived with no tracking information to who it was for.....you cant make this stuff up!!!

Maybe my dealership can route this over to you!!!!! May still be a Merry Christmas.....

Sponsored

slt3888

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 701A Powerboost build:08/21, '87 911 Targa
Occupation
Retired
So...following this thread as I have "similar" issues. Not the body slam from a VW but a drivetrain that is not smooth. Sometimes it is as if the truck lurched forward on stop. Sometimes just a nasty clunk in the drivetrain that could originate anywhere in the power transfer process. But, regardless, nowhere near what a highly engineered 10speed hybrid drivetrain should deliver.

Won't rant on the effort it took to just have a Ford service shop actually look at the truck but at the fourth call managed to get it in. Okay, a little rant...3 weeks ago I went in for the 20K service (2021 PB high Platinum) and asked if the transmission could be evaluated. "Nope...our one trans tech is booked up till mid Jan". Ten days later we're at a stop light 1/2 mile from the shop and the truck banged around coming to a stop light, lit up the dash with a "shift system failure...get to your dealer immediately" and then...the shift lever went from Drive to Park...totally freaked me out.

Limped to the dealership, found the service rep from the previous visit and explained the event. Response was: "You're welcome to leave the truck here until your 16 Jan appointment but we can't help you until then".

Defaulted to Tow/Haul, got home and started calling. After four shops, one of which, the place we bought this $75K truck from, found one about 60 miles away that said " have the truck towed here, we'll find a time over the next couple of days to fit you in". The service manager at the dealership we bought the truck from has never returned my call or the call request from the salesman. The salesman has gone dark as well.

So...on Tuesday, three days ago, the service rep where we dropped the truck, texted that they got it in and there's a leak in the trans pan. Weird as I never noticed any fluid leakage but whatever, a loss of fluid will cause the same symptoms as the ATP. They ordered a new pan (not a seal, but a new pan???) installed, retested and said no 1-3 gears...need to replace the transmission. This is at 19k miles.

Ford approved the replacement and I hope to have the truck back next week.

None of this makes sense. I know I'm crashing thread etiquette but the love/hate thing is top of mind here.

I'm not a Ford guy. But, coming off a 2019 Tundra, the PB is a much more driver comfortable, tech heavy, and better engineered drivetrain than I left. We tow and drive about 20k miles per year and I'd rather be in the PB than any other 1/2 ton out there. Just wish I wasn't doing their QC for them.

simongales

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 4x4 lariat 3.5l Powerboost
Occupation
Consultant
Same thing started happening to me last month, 22 4x4 3.5l powerboost Lariat.

Thank you for this thread! Anyone find a fix yet?

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Call my dealership (AutoNation Ford Brooksville, FL...) - they are fixing to get an extra one for mine that was shipped duplicate...FORD has no idea what they are doing - Customer Service called me last night about my "express" part was being delivered Friday....I picked up my truck LAST WEEKEND after dealership fixed it after the parts arrived with no tracking information to who it was for.....you cant make this stuff up!!!

Maybe my dealership can route this over to you!!!!! May still be a Merry Christmas.....
was it a shift solenoid that they will have extra or Aux pump? My Aux pump was replaced in Sept but I never got truck back due to shift solenoid issue while repairing Aux pump.

SgtBFGunner

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost XLT
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Well my day has come and the pump has been received. Powerboost at the dealer's right now.
I was going to wait for the install, "auxillary transmission pump" sound like a bolt on job doesn't it???
No. Apparently they have to drop the exhaust and then take off the bottom of the transmission and this auxillary pump goes inside somewhere. Holding up today's job is some gaskets they did not know they were going to need. Hopefully get it back tomorrow in one piece and that that auxillary transmission pump never bothers me again. (Not under warranty, how carzy expensive would that job be?!) This one crapped out at 7000 miles.
So, probably like may of you, this truck is scaring the hell out of me "support" wise. Doubt this will be a long term truck because you definitely don't want that warranty running out on you.
Fingers crossed.
Will report back.

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Well my day has come and the pump has been received. Powerboost at the dealer's right now.
I was going to wait for the install, "auxillary transmission pump" sound like a bolt on job doesn't it???
No. Apparently they have to drop the exhaust and then take off the bottom of the transmission and this auxillary pump goes inside somewhere. Holding up today's job is some gaskets they did not know they were going to need. Hopefully get it back tomorrow in one piece and that that auxillary transmission pump never bothers me again. (Not under warranty, how carzy expensive would that job be?!) This one crapped out at 7000 miles.
So, probably like may of you, this truck is scaring the hell out of me "support" wise. Doubt this will be a long term truck because you definitely don't want that warranty running out on you.
Fingers crossed.
Will report back.
I'm pretty sure it's on the outside, side of the tranny, next to exhaust. Dropping exhaust would make it easier to access though, and I'm basing this off of where it is on a ecoboost (I think it's used as part of the stop/start feature to keep things pressurized for restarting engine while in gear on that version of powertrain). Could be in more complex place on this hybrid drive. Hope it all works out for you, my pump was replaced mid Sept but truck has been sitting at dealer since waiting on a shift solenoid. Long story short, they replaced the pump then couldn't get the truck into gear, told maybe mid Jan they will have the part which will be 18-20 weeks from when they ordered it, and nearly 7 months from when my service ticket was opened for the aux pump issue. They put my truck on charger in November for a day and now it's sitting in the locked gate area, battery disconnected, waiting on this stupid part.

Sponsored

SgtBFGunner

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost XLT
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
So dealer did pretty good. (didn't break anything) Took two days to do the job.
I don't put many miles on the truck, but so far so good.
Still trying to figure out what causes something like this after a short amount of time. Wondering how many of you use the brake hold option. I did, because why not... Wondering if that had anything to do with excessive wear or something.
I just hope these parts hold out.

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
So dealer did pretty good. (didn't break anything) Took two days to do the job.
I don't put many miles on the truck, but so far so good.
Still trying to figure out what causes something like this after a short amount of time. Wondering how many of you use the brake hold option. I did, because why not... Wondering if that had anything to do with excessive wear or something.
I just hope these parts hold out.
Not sure what causes it, but I can tell you that I only used brake hold one time on my truck and then turned it off. I enjoyed it on my mustang, especially since it was manual shift, but I couldn't use it on my truck pulling into the garage, giving it gas to inch forward after a brake hold was difficult versus just letting off the brake a little to roll that extra couple of inches. Glad you got it fixed without any other incidents. I'm still strolling around in this tiny ford escape waiting to get my truck back, I'm losing track of the weeks, I think this is week 17 since they ordered a shift solenoid, week 26 since they ordered my aux pump (it came in 9 weeks).

scotty g

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Supercrew Powerboost Agate Black
glad i found this thread. my truck has been at the dealer for this issue since November, awaiting a Aux Transmission pump.

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
glad i found this thread. my truck has been at the dealer for this issue since November, awaiting a Aux Transmission pump.
Surprised they wouldn't let you keep it, drive in tow mode while waiting. Hope your wait isn't long, average seems to be 10 weeks on aux pump. Mine took 9, but will be close to 20 by the time I get a shift solenoid....

Last edited:

scotty g

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Supercrew Powerboost Agate Black
Surprised they wouldn't let you keep it, drive in tow mode while waiting.
This is the third trip in for issues with the transmission. it's a powerboost and was not even going into electric driving mode after the second visit.
Sponsored