Sponsored

Tremor (+High Package) or Raptor?

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Tremor seems to be a great all around rig. They are also menacing on the road!
Sponsored

Hemmy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Raptor
@PTAustin I went through the same decision making process you did in 21 when both of these trucks came out. Originally I was set on a Tremor until I built one and realized I could get the Raptor for just a little more. I considered the towing capabilities and limits, which was one of my main considerations. I ended up going with the Raptor and have zero regrets. I drive on the highway to and from work everyday and the Raptor's ride is great, especially for a truck. We actually drive my truck more than my wife's Nissan Armada. Also, the new suspension on the Gen 3 Raptor is greatly improved over the Gen 2 so take caution when considering somebody's experience with a Gen 2. The suspension on the Raptor is much better than the suspension on the Tremor (no leaf springs), which is what helps make the ride so good.
I don't tow a lot and what I do tow (6,000lbs total wake boat) has not been an issue with the Raptor. Sounds like for what you are towing, which is not much and not often, the Raptor will be just fine. Drive them both and see what you think. I am bias, but the Raptor is a much cooler truck and will hold its resale much better than the Tremor.

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just to add one last thing, I didn't notice in skimming through the rest of the responses.

Raptor's are too wide for most Automatic Car Wash's so unless your a hand-wash only that in itself may be the biggest reason to go Tremor.

Basically you can't go wrong with either choice, just make sure you take the time to weigh all the pros and cons of each. Best of luck!

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
If you can find a 2023 tremor 402a, I'd definitely do that.

The new tremor even in the highest trim is a downgrade compared to the previous year IMO. The biggest being the headlights. 2023 will have the same dinamic adaptive headlights as a platinum, where the 2024 gets the reflector style even on a $78k truck.

As far as raptor/tremor in general, obviously my opinion is a bit skewed since I have a tremor, but I was in the same dilemma.

I settled on the Tremor because it is the best of the raptor and the best of the platinum. I always tell people it's like a platinum and a raptor had a baby.

I still drool at every raptor I see, but honestly I don't think I'd be happy with something so wide since 99% of my driving is on road.

OP
OP

PTAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing Good
Thanks for all the input. It seems like the Raptor is not entirely what I am looking for even though the prices aren't that far off I don't want something that is less practical for routine driving since this will be my daily driver.

Sponsored

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Biomedical
Neither. Unless you need the front limited slip, winch setup, and love tremor/ raptor accents, You can get a very discounted lower package and add aftermarket upgrades. It will be cheaper and better in many ways. But if you’re wanting as much in one note with warranty. I would vote Tremor.

OP
OP

PTAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing Good
Neither. Unless you need the front limited slip, winch setup, and love tremor/ raptor accents, You can get a very discounted lower package and add aftermarket upgrades. It will be cheaper and better in many ways. But if you’re wanting as much in one note with warranty. I would vote Tremor.
Don't need the winch right now but do like the idea of a one-time purchase with nearly all the planned upgrades. I learned years ago when I bought a lower trim wrangler with the intent to build it up to a Rubicon level machine that I lack the time, patience, tools, and knowledge to do all that. I spent a couple of years and way too much money (occasionally paid to a mechanic to redo something that I messed up) to end up with something that was not quite there. And I voided my warranty within the first few months.

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Biomedical
Don't need the winch right now but do like the idea of a one-time purchase with nearly all the planned upgrades. I learned years ago when I bought a lower trim wrangler with the intent to build it up to a Rubicon level machine that I lack the time, patience, tools, and knowledge to do all that. I spent a couple of years and way too much money (occasionally paid to a mechanic to redo something that I messed up) to end up with something that was not quite there. And I voided my warranty within the first few months.
F150’s are not Jeeps. The rubicon is functionally different from sport at the core. F150 4x4’s other/lower trims verses tremor are only the front differential and steer knuckle. You can get 3.73 gears, auto transfer case, and heavy duty axle on cheaper trim. Now the raptor is different. In my mind this strictly a ROI and Risk question. Those are very personal questions and answers. Just know what you are buying not what the brochure states is all I am getting at.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Biased 2023 Tremor Owner chiming in:

• I loved the Tremor the first time it came out. I felt it was the perfect blend of "normal" truck and Raptor, but (and it's a big one) I REALLY don't care for turbo v6s in a truck. In a sports car, sure. Truck? No thanks.
  • I too have gone down the modification path, coincidently also with a Jeep (wheels, tires, lift kit, bumpers, etc.) and have pretty much swore it off. I'm pretty much done with mods, and if I can get most of what I want from factory, sign me up.
  • So when Ford decided to offer the 5.0 in the Tremor, I was sold.
  • At the time of my purchase (August 2022), local dealers wanted $10K over MSRP for Tremors, and $25K for Raptors.
  • Granger was doing 3% below INVOICE (not MSRP).
  • VERY happy 2023 Tremor owner here
    • 402A
    • Twin Panel Moonroof
    • Trailer Tow Package
    • Partitioned Lockable Storage
    • Bed Utility Package
    • Spray in Bed liner
Sponsored