Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
2021 Lariat eco 3.5

took truck in for its second oil change at 10k miles, and some warranty work. Like the recall on the tailgate dropping (it dropped into my bike rack and dented the tailgate - should be covered by ford, but ugh), transmission shift issues (hunts for gears and periodically slams into first when decelerating and constant tranny whine), and driver headlight (led projectors) runs the x-y axis check and then limps into full down position periodically.

Dealer determined that the transmission needs to be replaced with a new transmission. Unknown lead time but hope to know more tomorrow…

they replaced a headlight module and the issue/code persists, so, maybe a new headlight too?

I am out of a truck for an indeterminate amount of time until dealer can source a new transmission from ford.
anyone else seeing these same issues?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2021 Lariat eco 3.5

took truck in for its second oil change at 10k miles, and some warranty work. Like the recall on the tailgate dropping (it dropped into my bike rack and dented the tailgate - should be covered by ford, but ugh), transmission shift issues (hunts for gears and periodically slams into first when decelerating and constant tranny whine), and driver headlight (led projectors) runs the x-y axis check and then limps into full down position periodically.

Dealer determined that the transmission needs to be replaced with a new transmission. Unknown lead time but hope to know more tomorrow…

they replaced a headlight module and the issue/code persists, so, maybe a new headlight too?

I am out of a truck for an indeterminate amount of time until dealer can source a new transmission from ford.
anyone else seeing these same issues?
Hey there. I would like to see what I can do to assist with your F-150's issues. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer to get started?

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
Took my truck in 3 weeks ago for harsh downshifting. Picked it up later that day and they told me I need a new tranny. They ordered a new one but it is on back order for who knows how long.
I have only had it for 3 months, just turned 4k miles.
Sponsored