Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Has anyone had this recall completed? I'm still being told parts are on backorder with no ETA, and it's been in the dealership's possession for 3 weeks.

I called Ford today and got passed around until a "case number" was created. Not sure if this will help push the issue, but worth a shot.

Just curious if anyone is in the same boat, or if anyone has better info...
I took mine in for this recall on June 14th. As of today, no work has been done. The dealership stated that they ordered a whole new rack on the 15th and it arrived on the 21st. Only to be the wrong one (not sure how you can mess that up as it is vin specific). Waiting for another one now.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Update...I've owned the truck for 33 days now, 11 of those days it has been in service for this recall. Called Ford today and I now have a case number. This was elevated up to a "Customer Experience Rep" that will contact me in 1 business day (which will be June 28th, 14 days in service) with more info.

Simoes

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7EB
Update...I've owned the truck for 33 days now, 11 of those days it has been in service for this recall. Called Ford today and I now have a case number. This was elevated up to a "Customer Experience Rep" that will contact me in 1 business day (which will be June 28th, 14 days in service) with more info.
Good luck to you. My truck has been at the dealership since June 8th (three weeks) for this recall. I have also contacted Ford customer service and was given a case number. When the rep called me in two business days he informed that the case was being rejected as the parts were on back order and provided no ETA.

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
Good luck to you. My truck has been at the dealership since June 8th (three weeks) for this recall. I have also contacted Ford customer service and was given a case number. When the rep called me in two business days he informed that the case was being rejected as the parts were on back order and provided no ETA.
Well clearly they have steering racks for the production line. You would think trucks in the wild would get them.
Wait a minute. What am I thinking. They already have your money. They don’t care about your anymore.

Sponsored

Simoes

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well clearly they have steering racks for the production line. You would think trucks in the wild would get them.
Wait a minute. What am I thinking. They already have your money. They don’t care about your anymore.
I brought that up to the customer service guy and he replied, "that's not how it works".

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Truck has been out of commission since June 14th. Service Manager and I bumped heads yesterday. Absolutely ridiculous. Ford will not acknowledge when they will send the part. Parts Manager did show in Ford's ordering system that there was 62 units available for order in North America yesterday. Because its a safety recall, a VIN # must be submitted when ordering (which they did). System shows that Ford confirmed our request on 6/21...but no action since. Truck is only a month old now. Half of it's ownership life...just sitting.

Simoes

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck has been out of commission since June 14th. Service Manager and I bumped heads yesterday. Absolutely ridiculous. Ford will not acknowledge when they will send the part. Parts Manager did show in Ford's ordering system that there was 62 units available for order in North America yesterday. Because its a safety recall, a VIN # must be submitted when ordering (which they did). System shows that Ford confirmed our request on 6/21...but no action since. Truck is only a month old now. Half of it's ownership life...just sitting.
I've been a victim of the battery drain issue and had three recalls on this truck. Absolutely ridiculous how many issues these F-150 trucks have. I will never buy another Ford again and will discourage everyone I know to do the same.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Update:

After 18 days in service waiting for parts, they finally showed up this morning. Replaced the steering rack, reprogrammed some things, and did an alignment. Good to go now.
Sponsored