Sponsored

Trailer Tow Package (Platinum Power Boost 701A High)

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat High
Occupation
Recruiter
Can anyone tell me what you get with the trailer tow package that isn't already included with a Power Boost Platinum 701A? What are you getting that takes the towing capacity from 7,000lbs to 11,000lbs?

From Ford's Site:
Trailer Tow Package Includes:
• 7-pin Wiring Harness; Includes 7-pin-to-4-pin Adapter
• Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist – Not included on XL Base; Requires Tow Technology on XL High.
• Trailer Brake Controller
• Tailgate LED (Standard on LARIAT and higher)
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available

However the 701A includes the tow technology package and the Class IV Trailer Hitch
Two Technology Package Includes:
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist
• 360-Degree Camera
• Trailer Brake Controller
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector (includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available)

Class IV Trailer Hitch Includes:
• 7-pin Wiring Harness; Includes 7-pin-to-4-pin Adapter
• Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector (Includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available)

So what is the trailer tow package giving me to get an extra 4,000lbs of towing?
Sponsored

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
Paging @solarity.

I believe the answer is that the trailer tow package adds a solid stabilizer bar, which is what some have determined increases the towing capacity. It's a hard pill to swallow to pay up $1,000 for the package on the PowerBoost, but if you want to officially have higher than 7,000lbs, that's what you need to do.

For me on my 701A, the decision was made a little easier, because I wanted tow mirrors, which require you to go up to at least the trailer tow package.

If you want to read through the most comprehensive tow package analysis between this site and F150Forum, give this one a read.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ass-iv-vs-tow-vs-max-tow-updated-doc-v4.1188/
Sponsored