First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have a small utility trailer I use once in awhile and use the Ford App to check the trailer lights. When doing so, the tail lights light up on the truck and not the trailer. The turn signals and brake light check works fine. Had it into the dealer and they replaced a module. This did not fix the issue. I called the dealer and was told to call the Ford Pass App teck line. I spent 45 minutes on the phone and they had me uninstall and reinstall thee app. The issue didn't go away. They could not give me any other information and said they would refer this to engineering. Because I had the trailer on the truck, I went to the dealer with the trailer and one of there teck savvy people came out. I showed him the issue and was told that the test doesn't turn on the running/clearance lights on the trailer. Is this the norm with the app, not turning on the park lights? I also noticed that when driving I can not turn the lights on the trailer off.

Just wondering if anyone else uses the light check on the app and it works differently?
Sponsored

Its Not Me

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 3.5l Ecoboost 11/6/20
Occupation
Commercial Locksmith
I believe Mr. "All Who Wander..." is correct. Every time I hook up the horse trailer, I run through the light test. Tail lights (markers, running lights) have to be tested manually with the headlight knob. Most of the time it is dark when I end up hooking up to the horse trailer...my wife likes to arrive first at the horse shows...oh dark 30...every time...yawn!

I'll have to try it some day when it isn't dark!

OP
OP
Kanuck

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
One would think that when the truck marker lights turn on at the truck, the trailer lights would also. To me, turn all the trailer lights on and let me check them. High tec truck, and manual light check on one of five. Also, why can I not turn the lights off, if I want to, for what ever reason, while I am moving? Last time I looked, I was the one with a DL, not the truck.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I have a small utility trailer I use once in awhile and use the Ford App to check the trailer lights. When doing so, the tail lights light up on the truck and not the trailer. The turn signals and brake light check works fine. Had it into the dealer and they replaced a module. This did not fix the issue. I called the dealer and was told to call the Ford Pass App teck line. I spent 45 minutes on the phone and they had me uninstall and reinstall thee app. The issue didn't go away. They could not give me any other information and said they would refer this to engineering. Because I had the trailer on the truck, I went to the dealer with the trailer and one of there teck savvy people came out. I showed him the issue and was told that the test doesn't turn on the running/clearance lights on the trailer. Is this the norm with the app, not turning on the park lights? I also noticed that when driving I can not turn the lights on the trailer off.

Just wondering if anyone else uses the light check on the app and it works differently?
I don't use Ford Pass much for anything, but my single axle trailer sets of the alarm, where a dual axle wont. Lights on my trailer stay on too and will stay on regardless of what the light switch is set at
Sponsored