First trip with trailer.

Pepito113

First Name
Eloy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Pictures are a little deceiving, the trailer model no. is 2375[24 '], 28' overall. I have ran it across the scales before. Even with extra water it has never went over 6,450 lbs. Four wheeler weights 530 lbs. Its a old Yamaha doesn't have all the new tech. Both truck and trailer have new load range E tires. Truck has Ride Rite air bags, 40 lbs. I have had a few trailers, this one likes to wonder if you don't have enough tongue weight. At least with my 2016 1/2 ton Silverado. This Ford handled it good. I will post the trailer specs. for you. I am no expert but everything seemed safe to me.
IMG_0304.JPG
You added the ride rite air bags from Firestone?
Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
A few thoughts:

• Nice looking trailer!
  • Since you are running around the top of the truck's payload the upgraded tires seem like a good choice.
  • The weight of the weight-distributing hitch should be added in when calculating payload.
  • Purchasing a tongue weight scale and a trip to the Cat scale is worth considering.
    • A trip to the scale can also verify you are within the rear axel rating with the ATV in back.
  • Just trying to be helpful and share what I have learned on forums like this.
  • Have fun with your truck and trailer!!!
-Eric