amir_gh22

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Hi all,

I would like to upgrade my side mirrors to tow mirrors. I have a 2022 XLT with BLS, pod light, spot light, manual fold, and turn signal. I do not have 360 view.

If I get the tow mirrors from ford, is it plug and play? How about enabling tow mirror running lights via Forscan?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

vegas79

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 4x4 Sport
Hi Amir. I installed the ford tow mirrors on my truck but I have the 360 cameras. Regardless they bolt right up and plug right in.

You don't have to worry about calibrating cameras so just use forscan to enable the running lights. I can share my settings if you want. They're available in the easy settings.

They looked a little big for the first few days but the improved visibility made up for it. I love the way they look now.

OP
OP
amir_gh22

amir_gh22

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Hi Amir. I installed the ford tow mirrors on my truck but I have the 360 cameras. Regardless they bolt right up and plug right in.

You don't have to worry about calibrating cameras so just use forscan to enable the running lights. I can share my settings if you want. They're available in the easy settings.

They looked a little big for the first few days but the improved visibility made up for it. I love the way they look now.
Hi Mike,

Great thanks. Would you mind sharing your running lights settings in Forscan through easy settings ? Does the sport light work too?
Thank you:giggle:

Last edited:

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
The only pitfall is the 4 kinds of tow mirrors based upon options. Install is just pry off the sail panel and undo two nuts and a plug reverse for install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
amir_gh22

amir_gh22

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT

Mike I looked at the ForScan on my truck today, I couldn't find anything on the easy settings regarding mirror marker lamps on BCM. Are they somewhere else?

Michael1955

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2011 Crown Vic
Occupation
Retired Pharmacist
Whatever you have on your current mirrors you will have on your tow mirrors….heat, power, power fold if you have it, turn signals if you have them….etc. search the forums for running light enabling…that’s where I found it….726-40-01…xxxx-xx01-xx. BCM

vegas79

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 4x4 Sport
Hi Amir. I don’t see the settings in the easy settings but I did include a screenshot of my settings for the as built config as Michael stated, 726-40-01…xxxx-xx01-xx in BdyCm. I may have been thinking of the taillight config when I installed the oem led taillights
Ford F-150 Tow Mirror question IMG_6751

OP
OP
amir_gh22

amir_gh22

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Hi Amir. I don’t see the settings in the easy settings but I did include a screenshot of my settings for the as built config as Michael stated, 726-40-01…xxxx-xx01-xx in BdyCm. I may have been thinking of the taillight config when I installed the oem led taillights
IMG_6751.jpeg
Got it .thanks for the photo. Really helps.

B17drvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 F150,14Fiesta ST,15 GT350,13 Boss 302,21Mach 1
Occupation
Pilot
You can get them at Boost Auto.
they will configure them for your exact truck.
Boost Auto

Sponsored

Dizz

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 STX 2.7 EB Crew cab
Occupation
Retired
Mine is the STX and I find the stock mirrors almost worthless for towing my boats they really dropped the ball on these
My sons 2016 XL are quite a bit better stock Tacoma mirrors are even better don’t understand this

vegas79

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 4x4 Sport
I had a 2020 F150 and much preferred the standard mirrors on that truck. I got in my 2021 and disliked the standard mirrors from the get-go.

Bama Stripes

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Occupation
Retired
Got it .thanks for the photo. Really helps.
I applied this change and the side lights on my 21 mirrors now work when my headlights are on. Is there a change that can make the lights come on when the daytime driving lights are on ?

OP
OP
amir_gh22

amir_gh22

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
I applied this change and the side lights on my 21 mirrors now work when my headlights are on. Is there a change that can make the lights come on when the daytime driving lights are on ?
I don't think you can do that via ForScan.

OP
OP
amir_gh22

amir_gh22

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
IMG_6751.jpeg
Finally got my tow mirrors and did this last night. Thank you so much. Everything works. I was little nervous messing with AS Built section. Never done it before xD
Sponsored