First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Utility worker
Hey, I'm not sure if this is being discussed but I have purchased a 2021 XLT off the lot with the max tow package. Oddly it did not come with tow mirrors. I've been looking at options but aside from universal strap ons (not even sure if they would work with the camera on the mirror). I haven't seen anything else and was wondering if anyone knew of anything out there or had any suggestions. Thanks for any help/advice!
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I'm sure CIPA will have a clip on for the 2021's soon, if not already. I used them on my 2016 F150 King Ranch when I towed my enclosed car trailer. No shake and everything worked.

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
Have you tried Ford Part? It’s an option from the factory so surely they are available for purchase separately. I believe BoostAuto and others are working on options for this also.

OP
OP

Mac2457

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Utility worker
I contacted etrailer and they said most likely nothing aftermarket till at least summer from CIPA and Ford doesn't have the OEM available for sale yet. I thought that was pretty funny considering they come on their vehicles from the factory. Thanks for the input

mnsunset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
Be ready for sticker shock when you see the price for the mirrors from ford. I believe when I needed one to replace on my 2015, it was like $900 ea. Those didn't even have the cameras. They did have BLISS and power fold/heat. I think a lot of the aftermarket ones do not power fold or have heat. Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mac2457

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Utility worker
Be ready for sticker shock when you see the price for the mirrors from ford. I believe when I needed one to replace on my 2015, it was like $900 ea. Those didn't even have the cameras. They did have BLISS and power fold/heat. I think a lot of the aftermarket ones do not power fold or have heat. Good luck.
I think he said $750 for the pair (black) when they become available. Unless he made a mistake and meant $750 each but I spacifically asked, and that was heat, power and camera. He didn't mention BLISS though.

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
I think he said $750 for the pair (black) when they become available. Unless he made a mistake and meant $750 each but I spacifically asked, and that was heat, power and camera. He didn't mention BLISS though.
Dennis - was that the price from etrailer or your Ford dealership? I'm definitely interested in upgrading to tow mirrors.

OP
OP

Mac2457

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Utility worker
Dennis - was that the price from etrailer or your Ford dealership? I'm definitely interested in upgrading to tow mirrors.
The dealership but they aren't available yet unfortunately. I also need to find out if he misspoke and that was per mirror or it was correct but without BLISS.

wmuav8tor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Airline Pilot
I contacted etrailer and they said most likely nothing aftermarket till at least summer from CIPA and Ford doesn't have the OEM available for sale yet. I thought that was pretty funny considering they come on their vehicles from the factory. Thanks for the input
I'm not familiar if CIPA is an independent company or not, but if they are I suggest contacting them directly to see if they have compatible mirrors. I asked Etrailer if a kayak rack would work for my 2021 and they said it wouldnt and they weren't expecting a modified rack that would fit till Summer.

Then I contacted Thule directly and they told me they tested the rack fitment as soon as the 2021 trucks were released and that it would fit just fine with no updates ?‍♂

I do find it silly that the max tow package doesn't come with tow mirrors

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I'm not familiar if CIPA is an independent company or not, but if they are I suggest contacting them directly to see if they have compatible mirrors. I asked Etrailer if a kayak rack would work for my 2021 and they said it wouldnt and they weren't expecting a modified rack that would fit till Summer.

Then I contacted Thule directly and they told me they tested the rack fitment as soon as the 2021 trucks were released and that it would fit just fine with no updates ?‍♂

CIPA and K-Source were to companies that built add on tow mirrors for the previous gen F150
Both had excellent reviews.
Personally, I like the idea of the massive factory tow mirrors being a stand-alone option. I'm fine with the max tow but didn't want those big ole mirrors for my occasional towing needs.
Ford F-150 Tow mirror options 20200609_112254~3

I towed my boat with my Ram without tow mirrors.

Sponsored

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
I think he said $750 for the pair (black) when they become available. Unless he made a mistake and meant $750 each but I specifically asked, and that was heat, power and camera. He didn't mention BLISS though.
Same quote that I got from my dealer. He did say pair and he did say BLISS. In fact that was the only ones he could find that had BLISS listed but could find no mention of the puddle lights so who really knows what they are. Also that he had no access to any in the Raleigh, NC area for estimated 5 - 6 weeks or so.

For now I've opted for $3 stick on mirrors from one of the auto part places and gets me what I want for now. Haven't towed anything yet so might be re-looking at this again in the future. Hopefully by then they might have a better grasp on what they actually are and have them in stock.

OP
OP

Mac2457

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Utility worker

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely give that a try!

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
My dealer quoted me $1500 each with $163 each for labor for tow mirrors with chrome caps for my Platinum. Forgot to add when ordered, got VIN # by the time I wanted to added.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
This is the main reason I had to do a retail order.... It is very hard to find tow mirrors on dealer stock, and they are QUITE the bargain when adding in build&price from the factory!

The 2 things that prevented me from just finding one on a lot since my order took forever were: 1) King Ranch is suuuuper rare in California (especially hybrid) and 2) Tow mirrors make it even more of a unicorn!

If anyone wants this one in San Jose (Star White King Ranch hybrid with Tow Mirrors) it is yours for the taking! I gave up the order because he left off the active prep 2.0. Look at those folded mirrors ?

Ford F-150 Tow mirror options 20210306_111131
Ford F-150 Tow mirror options 20210306_111152

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
My last two trucks came with tow mirrors but they were only about 50% larger than the standard mirrors. I feel that the Max Tow should have at least had larger mirrors, if not the full on school bus mirrors.

My Lincoln Navigator has standard mirrors and they are stupid-small, even on an SUV that I never tow with.

That said, I really like the compound mirrors and I am glad that I have them. One of the things that I wish that they had was power adjustable convex mirrors too, even if only used for a separate reverse setting, something that I have become spoiled by in other cars.
Sponsored