Too early to be thinking about 2022?

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
My dealer indicated that it could be as much as 6-months until my truck could arrive (which is probably a short wait based on how long many members have waited). That would put my truck here in late July (my birthday, coincidentally) . Given the short model year, and the roll out of the Tremor and Raptor to come, I am expecting the F-150 to roll into 2022 unchanged.

Anyone else heard some lead times on new orders? Anyone else thinking a 2022 might be an option? The dealer, in all transparency, also said it could be as short as 2-3 months, but wasn't holding their breath.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
That was my thought process as well.

Shorter than usual production year, not getting my truck for several months, why not just wait for a 2022?

Hopefully the 2022s are unchanged like you said, so the newness of our 2021s doesn’t wear off too quickly!

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
That was my thought process as well.

Shorter than usual production year, not getting my truck for several months, why not just wait for a 2022?

Hopefully the 2022s are unchanged like you said, so the newness of our 2021s doesn’t wear off too quickly!
I would only be worried about possible price increases.