Sponsored

Take delivery of my 21 or wait for my 22 order?

catskills837

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Hey guys! I’m new here, I currently have a 2021 and a 2022 157” ordered. Both the exact same trucks. I ordered the 21 at my local dealer, then a month or two later ordered a 22 when I realized the order books opened up, both space white Lariats. I get A plan pricing as my dad is a ford retiree. The 21 got delivered to the dealer today, the 22 has a build date of 01/10/2022.

Im heading to the dealer tomorrow to talk about current rebates for December. And I know we have no idea what rebates will be for January or likely February when I get it, but my (minimally educated) opinion is that rebates will likely stay similar and I should wait, I am only assuming this because unlike previous years, Ford is hardly keeping trucks on the lot, so the rebates right now aren’t anything amazing to get rid of 21s like they might have been in the past.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
If
Hey guys! I’m new here, I currently have a 2021 and a 2022 157” ordered. Both the exact same trucks. I ordered the 21 at my local dealer, then a month or two later ordered a 22 when I realized the order books opened up, both space white Lariats. I get A plan pricing as my dad is a ford retiree. The 21 got delivered to the dealer today, the 22 has a build date of 01/10/2022.

Im heading to the dealer tomorrow to talk about current rebates for December. And I know we have no idea what rebates will be for January or likely February when I get it, but my (minimally educated) opinion is that rebates will likely stay similar and I should wait, I am only assuming this because unlike previous years, Ford is hardly keeping trucks on the lot, so the rebates right now aren’t anything amazing to get rid of 21s like they might have been in the past.

What are your thoughts?
If you plan on keeping the truck for a long time then getting the 2021 would not make a big difference on trade-in in the future. One years difference on a ten year old truck is not a big deal. If you trade every three or so years then waiting for the 2022 would make more sense. Although waiting for your new ride is a test of your patience.

OP
OP

catskills837

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Occupation
Registered Nurse
If
If you plan on keeping the truck for a long time then getting the 2021 would not make a big difference on trade-in in the future. One years difference on a ten year old truck is not a big deal. If you trade every three or so years then waiting for the 2022 would make more sense. Although waiting for your new ride is a test of your patience.
I am purchasing, I plan to keep the truck at MINIMUM 5 years but I’d like to say longer than that since it has everything I really wanted to add!

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
I am purchasing, I plan to keep the truck at MINIMUM 5 years but I’d like to say longer than that since it has everything I really wanted to add!
I personally would wait for the 2022. Once you experience this new F150 you may want to keep it longer than you might think. Good luck with your decision.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
If you are taking a loan the 0% financing may help in making the decision

Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I’m just wondering if they’ll retain that for the next couple months
Certainly possible, in 2020 0% started in late Aug but there were other lowish rates prior to that.

Afrankart

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on a '21 Lariat
Occupation
Machinist
Have you considered taking the 21 and trading it towards the 22 when it comes in? The way the market has been, there's a good chance you won't lose money on the 21.

OP
OP

catskills837

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Have you considered taking the 21 and trading it towards the 22 when it comes in? The way the market has been, there's a good chance you won't lose money on the 21.
I didn't consider that, It's probably frowned upon by Ford but....If I am getting A plan pricing on both, I could ask the dealer "hypothetically" if I took the 2021 now, put a few thousand miles on it (or chose to just park it) through February, if they would buy consider buying it back at my cost or better, then my A plan discount could be the buffer to making them money? Worth asking about anyway..
Sponsored