John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 2021 Palisade
Occupation
Automotive Product Planning and Project Management
Hi All, I'd welcome some feedback...

I placed an order for a fully loaded Lariat 502A PB from my local dealer (Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor, MI). My order went in on 6/18 and as of 8/5, I haven't received a VIN yet. If it helps, the order went in as a Job 2 order.

I also have been in communication with a dealer in the Chicago area (about 4 hours from home) that was waiting on a truck almost identical to what I ordered that just arrived. My only reservation is that this truck was built in March (blend date 3/20). It's been sitting around since then waiting on parts.

Other than having to wait an unknown period of time for my order, can anyone think of any positives or negatives with either truck?
Sponsored

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
Hi All, I'd welcome some feedback...

I placed an order for a fully loaded Lariat 502A PB from my local dealer (Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor, MI). My order went in on 6/18 and as of 8/5, I haven't received a VIN yet. If it helps, the order went in as a Job 2 order.

I also have been in communication with a dealer in the Chicago area (about 4 hours from home) that was waiting on a truck almost identical to what I ordered that just arrived. My only reservation is that this truck was built in March (blend date 3/20). It's been sitting around since then waiting on parts.

Other than having to wait an unknown period of time for my order, can anyone think of any positives or negatives with either truck?
I was in a VERY similar boat (Platinum vs fully loaded Lariat) and my suggestions is to compare both to see how much the Chicago vehicle differs from your order. If they are exactly identical then I would lean towards the Chicago vehicle if they are able to give you a great price, but if they are different (color, interior, features) I'd say stick it through with the one you ordered because it will be built to your exact specifications and color.

In the case of the vehicle sitting out, I would recommend going the 4hr drive to physically give it the once over to check for any 'lot rot' such as: Check as many cables are you can, make sure the features are all in working order, check the plastics/colors inside and out for any cracking or fading. There is a checklist on here for taking delivery, I would use that.

OP
OP

88Baron**

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 2021 Palisade
Occupation
Automotive Product Planning and Project Management
Well, the dealer made my decision for me. After a bit of discussion, they let me know they wouldn’t accept A/Z-plan on the truck. Back to the waiting game…
Sponsored