First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I received the sept 2022 updates and was able to enable the unreal engine stuff, minus the heritage screen
i was looking at a pic i took in may of my sync version then looked at my oct pic of sync version
why are they the same? 1st pic is from MAY 2022, 2nd is from Oct 2022
inst our sync version supposed to change with updates? or am i confused, ...which could also be a possibility
and.....with the new unreal engine,, is it possbible to get the oil temps, and pressures and other neat stuff shown here in the raptor screen

Ford F-150 sync 4  updates and version sync may 2022

Ford F-150 sync 4  updates and version sync version oct 18

Ford F-150 sync 4  updates and version raptor dash
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
..... with the new unreal engine,, is it possible to get the oil temps, and pressures and other neat stuff shown here in the raptor screen
Methinks the Unreal Theme enable in APIM is unrelated to IPC capabilities, but I'll follow this thread just in case .... ;)

sure, I'd love to see all that Raptor-style info on my Lariat IPC with a FORScan mod :cry:

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
[off topic] Man, that Raptor IPC layout and design is making me jealous. I like it a lot better than the default mode on my Lariat.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
[off topic] Man, that Raptor IPC layout and design is making me jealous. I like it a lot better than the default mode on my Lariat.
i can tell you 100% all that information is in there. if you run a data screen in forscan its all there . so one would think it would be an easy thing to get it.///
but i am just a simple tech

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
@powerboatr ,are you saying that you have gotten 3.5.3?

I don't think you have yet. You'd be at 22228, right?

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I think @Snakebitten is correct you'll need the 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 updates before you can enable the unreal engine. 3.5.3 is the apim update that brings sync version 22228. My trucks a 21 if I understand all of this correctly your 22 should have the same software.

Wolverine7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2023 Tesla Model Y LR
Wow yeah! I’d love to find a way to add the measurements to the MyView screens! 😀

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
i can tell you 100% all that information is in there. if you run a data screen in forscan its all there . so one would think it would be an easy thing to get it.///
Much more than retrieving the vehicle data values that are doubtless somewhere in the vehicle, the 'trick' is creating the additional menu item and label (e.g. "Measurements") and formatted presentation with labels (e.g. "Engine oil pressure", etc) that you see in the Raptor IPC display.

Changing a few hexadecimal values in FORScan doesn't create all of that formatted presentation, it only enables display of that presentation IF it is already there within the IPC module's capabilities. All such FORScan mods only enable capabilities already present in a module's programming.

Methinks our non-Raptor modules lack that particular batch of internal module programming that creates the display presentation seen in the Raptor, so it's not there for us to enable using FORScan (not for lack of the vehicle data values themselves).

An update from Ford might be able to add to a module's internally programmed capabilities, but that's dealing with things at a much different level than FORScan.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
@powerboatr ,are you saying that you have gotten 3.5.3?

I don't think you have yet. You'd be at 22228, right?
i got the sept 2022 update .
and i have all the cool stuff sans the splash screen heritage.
my ford pass has the details in a message, but the numbers didnt change?
but i dont think 22228 is there
" from ford, this is what shows up at ford owner and on my ford pass update record
so either all the stuff was IN THERE when it got built ..... or something else is in the mixer

2022 Ford F-150
SYNC Current Version
VIN1FTFW1E88NFA11975
SYNC GenerationSYNC 4
SYNC Version4.0.21297

Last edited:

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
I think Jesse pointed out the Raptor is a different IPC and a fundamental module that's in play is different too.
I "like" having that information, but don't like that it means any hope of a Raptor-style display on a non-Raptor is probably dashed ;) . :( . :cry:

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
i got the sept update .
and i have all the cool stuff sans the splash screen heritage.
my ford pass has the details in a message, but the numbers didnt change?
but i dont think 22228 is there
" from ford, this is what shows up at ford owner and on my ford pass update record
so either all the stuff was IN THERE or something else is in the mixer

2022 Ford F-150
SYNC Current Version
VIN1FTFW1E88NFA11975
SYNC GenerationSYNC 4
SYNC Version4.0.21297
I'm in the same boat (;))

I got the Power-Up 3.5.2 on September 18, 2022 but my SYNC version remained at 4.0.22012 as installed on May 13, 2022 at 6:37AM during my Lariat's build (Per an OASIS "SYNC Service" report I downloaded immediately following my truck's delivery).

I fact, on that OASIS "SYNC Service" printout there's a long list of "Applications" installed during build and first on that list is "Unreal HMI" ( :cool: )

I had no problem with FORScan enabling the Unreal Theme options I wanted (I did not try any new splash screen).

We'll see what SYNC version change Power-Up 3.5.3 brings, whenever that happens ....

Last edited:
OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
I'm in the same boat (;))

I got the Power-Up 3.5.2 on September 18, 2022 but my SYNC version remained at 4.0.22012 as installed on May 13, 2022 at 6:37AM during my Lariat's build (Per an OASIS "SYNC Service" report I downloaded immediately following my truck's delivery).

I fact, on that OASIS "SYNC Service" printout there's a long list of "Applications" installed during build and first on that list is "Unreal HMI" ( :cool: )

I had no problem with FORScan enabling the Unreal Theme options I wanted (I did not try any new splash screen).

We'll see what SYNC version change Power-Up 3.5.3 brings, whenever that happens ....
that makes perfect sense, truck was loade din nov of 21 when it was built...but we had no idea all the STUFF was in there until jessie and others made note of new changes (y)

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 3.5L EcoBoost.
Does the unreal engine “do” anything? Faster? Smoother? Better graphics? I’ma little confused on the benefit of install. ALSO, after the update, do I need to Forscan to enable it or is it an option elsewhere? For that matter, if it needs to be enabled via obd, why add it i in the first place?
Thanks
Sponsored