Sponsored

Still having OTA updates and sync 4 probs.

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
I have had my truck to dealer many times in last year to fix software issues. On my last visit dealer manually updated about a dozen modules that showed in FDRS as needing updates. Im still having what seems as APIM problems still and also no OTA updates since truck was built 15 months ago. Can anyone please run a FDRS report on modules needing updates for me again? I plan on returning to dealer soon and need some ammo. My VIN is 1FTFW1ED5MFB13620.
Thank you for any help with this,
Pushrods
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You only show 3 updates. BCM(DO NOT DO!), GSM, TRM.

Your issue is your APIM is not up to date. A different APIM was installed at some point as of now the original is in the truck. Before any updates will be released for the truck the APIM neds to get updated. The updates are sequential. So until FDRS sends a report showing the APIM is good you have all the updates that can be done at his point minus the three I mentioned. DO NOT DO THE BCM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now an APIM update is not showing in FDRS. I can send you the files for the update to load onto a USB to get it installed. So the Dealer really cant do anything else since FDRS is not showing much.

OP
OP

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
You only show 3 updates. BCM(DO NOT DO!), GSM, TRM.

Your issue is your APIM is not up to date. A different APIM was installed at some point as of now the original is in the truck. Before any updates will be released for the truck the APIM neds to get updated. The updates are sequential. So until FDRS sends a report showing the APIM is good you have all the updates that can be done at his point minus the three I mentioned. DO NOT DO THE BCM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now an APIM update is not showing in FDRS. I can send you the files for the update to load onto a USB to get it installed. So the Dealer really cant do anything else since FDRS is not showing much.
Thank you Jesse, Yes please send me the files. Im pretty lame on the process to install my own updates with a USB. Is it simple for something the dealer should do? thx very much for your help.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thank you Jesse, Yes please send me the files. Im pretty lame on the process to install my own updates with a USB. Is it simple for something the dealer should do? thx very much for your help.
You can do it. I’ll get them together and send you instructions and the file link

Ddvalk

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Could you also check 1FTFX1E80MFD09285? I don’t think I’ve received a single update.

F150Lariat22

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Hello Jesse, could you check mine too for updates. I have the 3.5.2 and am at Sync Version 4.0.22012. My vin is 1FTFW1E88NFB63691
I had it at the dealer but they didn't seem to update it and I'm not getting OTA updates. If you could also send me the updates for usb that would be awesome. I don't have update 3.5.3 or 3.5.4
Sponsored