First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Powerboost 3.5L Full Hybrid
Occupation
Senior Desktop Engineer
Ahhh ...the cost. I am finding it is cheaper around here than ceramic coating. Well, at least the long term ceramic coating.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Here in FLA there is just the relentless sun and humidity from nowish till Octoberish(That's a lot of -ish). Ceramic needs to be reapplied often and PPF will yellow and the paint will show it was there if you remove it and don't reapply. I'm just paint sticking it currently and realizing that painted bumpers are a fad. Save my money and just have the bumper repainted down the road. 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps a hood deflector for the front of the hood. I've seen a few that don't look too bad...

PA-KR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ford F-150 Star white metallic tri-coat Paint IMG_1168

Avalonking. I enjoy detailing and a good polish. Stepped it up to the ceramic coat after a lot of research. Did the wife’s Expedition first with great results. All the PPF or ceramic require the paint correction to get the results.

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
You can see PPF on white, especially at golden hour. My buddy got it done on his wife’s white 4Runner. Can see every single line as the sun hits it straight on. No thanks, at that point I’d rather look at a few rock chips.

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
You can see PPF on white, especially at golden hour. My buddy got it done on his wife’s white 4Runner. Can see every single line as the sun hits it straight on. No thanks, at that point I’d rather look at a few rock chips.
i am personally aware of what you are referring to but the installer and their skill plays a big role on how the end result is. good installers can minimize the visibility of PPF to the naked eye compared to a par/crappy installer.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
old school PPF yes. current day technology and innovation prevents your said statement.
So PPF today will not yellow and if removed nothing shows it was there except the lack of chips?
Nice!
Sponsored