First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I have not driven the truck in dare i say 12 days, but i have opened and unlocked it probably ALOT to do some inside stuff and clean the dust up. plus the last time i drove it was only 12 miles and high speed fan and ac as it was 109F out so battery never had a chance to regain the loss
this morning i got the deep sleep notice on ford pass
so i went out with battery charger and plugged it in, the charger read 22% SOC
so then i wondered...what percent does it cut off NON essential itmes to allow battery to have enough juice to start the truck? if there is such a thing and then i thought it....if there is such a setting.can we change it on forscan to say anything below 40% soc it wont deploy the boards and use up precious battery juice
Sponsored

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I have not driven the truck in dare i say 12 days, but i have opened and unlocked it probably ALOT to do some inside stuff and clean the dust up. plus the last time i drove it was only 12 miles and high speed fan and ac as it was 109F out so battery never had a chance to regain the loss
this morning i got the deep sleep notice on ford pass
so i went out with battery charger and plugged it in, the charger read 22% SOC
so then i wondered...what percent does it cut off NON essential itmes to allow battery to have enough juice to start the truck? if there is such a thing and then i thought it....if there is such a setting.can we change it on forscan to say anything below 40% soc it wont deploy the boards and use up precious battery juice
I do know that repeated door open and close [boards deploy every time] runs the battery down quickly. I experienced this at my brother in laws camp one Saturday when I had to get into the truck multiple times. Next time I will just shut the boards off so that they don't deploy, or just leave the doors open. When it comes time for battery replacement , I am stuffing the biggest one I can under the hood, an H9 I believe is the size.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I do know that repeated door open and close [boards deploy every time] runs the battery down quickly. I experienced this at my brother in laws camp one Saturday when I had to get into the truck multiple times. Next time I will just shut the boards off so that they don't deploy, or just leave the doors open. When it comes time for battery replacement , I am stuffing the biggest one I can under the hood, an H9 I believe is the size.
yup boards are a big draw
i keep looking for a way to only deploy the side that gets opened like it was on my expedition.
if i had know it was going to sit so long i may have shut them off in the main menu
but you know ....hindsight

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
yup boards are a big draw
i keep looking for a way to only deploy the side that gets opened like it was on my expedition.
if i had know it was going to sit so long i may have shut them off in the main menu
but you know ....hindsight
Yes, why have both boards deploy when only one door is opened. As power hungry as these vehicles have gotten, soon you will need a hybrid type battery and solar panels on the roof just to keep the electronics happy. At least install another battery and larger alternator under the hood to increase capacity.
Sponsored