Sponsored

Skid plates for Hybrid Powerboost 2021 f150?

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I’m really hoping someone is able to install the bash plate from the tremor on a platinum or something.
Sponsored

Calibugman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 king ranch powerboost
Occupation
Pest control business owner
I found an awesome set up at talonsgarage.com. his plates are 1/4 inch aluminum. I want to protect against cat converter thieves. Easy install

Nillerk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
What exactly does the fiberboard cover do on an FX-4 PB? Is is worth replacing with something else?
Did you get an answer to this or what it could be replaced with? I hit a rock on one of the brackets and it ripped off the fiberboard so I need to replace it.

JnDArchie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT PB 302A
Thank you for the help with the part numbers and pics. This weekend installed the setup and here are a few hints...

1) Paint or in my case bed line the parts. I have 7500 miles and the front skid on the truck was already beat up. All come unpainted as they do installed from the factory (see pic)
2) Don't buy extra hardware like I did. Told him give me the full setup and he did, reality is you only need the bolts/nuts for the transfer case skid.
3) Don't rebut the front skid, I now have 2. No need to get ML3Z*5D032*A as already on and will discard.
4) The engine skid goes OVER the bolts on the Trans cover. Simply loosen the back engine skid bolts, slide the cover into the slots and tighten up. Very clever engineers not making you take the black mid cover off.
5) remove the capture nuts from the skid not used in the front and on top of rear attachment point for the original engine cover. If not, without a bolt in them they will rattle. Pry them off with a screwdriver.

Good addition. Easy install, only wish I had the hints so thought would post here.
IMG_3494.jpg
Question regarding 2) Don't buy extra hardware
Do the plates come with mounting hardware?

Updated prices as of June 4 2022 here in Illinois
FL3Z 5D032C - $26.52
FL3Z 5D032D - $120.44
ML3Z 7E063C - $50.39

Sponsored

bdara

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 LARIAT 502A PowerBoost
Occupation
Engineer
Do these guard the catalytic converter too?
It does not look like any Ford OEM would help protect against that. I see both Talon Garage and RCI have cat guards you could look at. I am considering this right now but also think if someone has an angle grinder to cut our cat, they can also cut through a skid plate...

bdara

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 LARIAT 502A PowerBoost
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone have part # for fuel tank skid plate and tank straps for 2022 PowerBoost?

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
I was looking through this thread. I went and looked at my23 PB. I don’t even have the fiberboard? Wonder if it fell off sometime before delivery or if it never got installed. I’m assuming it wasn’t installed. I do have the smaller up front one. But as you can see the tab holes are present just no cover.
Ford F-150 Skid plates for Hybrid Powerboost 2021 f150? IMG_9949

Ford F-150 Skid plates for Hybrid Powerboost 2021 f150? IMG_9947

Edit:
For those looking for the factory cover, bolts, nuts, etc. here are the parts:
Radiator Support Splash Shield. Cover.
Part#: 7222

Nut
Part#: W709793

Bolt - M6 x 19MM
Part#: W714338

Nut
Part#: W719490

Floor Pan Splash Shield Bracket. Radiator Support Splash Shield Bracket - Left.
Part#: 16001A09

Floor Pan Splash Shield Bracket.
Radiator Support Splash Shield
Bracket – Right
Part#: 16001A08

Floor Pan Splash Shield Bolt. Powertrain Skid Plate Bolt - M8 X 20MM, Rear.
Part#: W500623

Adjusting Screw Nut - M6 X 1MM
Part#: W520832

Last edited:

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
I was looking through this thread. I went and looked at my23 PB. I don’t even have the fiberboard? Wonder if it fell off sometime before delivery or if it never got installed. I’m assuming it wasn’t installed. I do have the smaller up front one. But as you can see the tab holes are present just no cover.
IMG_9949.jpeg

IMG_9947.jpeg
It looks like it was never installed. You don't seem to have the bolts or nuts/tabs that go in the hole in the subframe where the fiber board attaches toward the transfer case. I would be annoyed because some after market skid plates have you reuse those bolts and nuts/tabs.

I got the Talon Garage engine and transmission/cat skid plates, but you could just get the tranmission/cat skid plate. Everything about the Talon Garage skid plates is first class. The quality and fit is excellent. They have continued to make improvements to the skid plates over time, which is good for anyone thinking about getting them now.

The hole cut for the oil drain is perfectly placed for oil changes, but I'll probably remove the very front skid plate to get at the oil filter. It is smaller and attached with only four bolts -- very easy to take off and put on.

This isn't a great picture, but these are beautiful.

Ford F-150 Skid plates for Hybrid Powerboost 2021 f150? IMG_4571

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
It looks like it was never installed. You don't seem to have the bolts or nuts/tabs that go in the hole in the subframe where the fiber board attaches toward the transfer case. I would be annoyed because some after market skid plates have you reuse those bolts and nuts/tabs.

I got the Talon Garage engine and transmission/cat skid plates, but you could just get the tranmission/cat skid plate. Everything about the Talon Garage skid plates is first class. The quality and fit is excellent. They have continued to make improvements to the skid plates over time, which is good for anyone thinking about getting them now.

The hole cut for the oil drain is perfectly placed for oil changes, but I'll probably remove the very front skid plate to get at the oil filter. It is smaller and attached with only four bolts -- very easy to take off and put on.

This isn't a great picture, but these are beautiful.

IMG_4571.jpg
Looks really nice! Fit looks perfect.
Sponsored