First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN, FPD, CCSO
Well, the only reason I say that is I'm back to the F-150. This is my 6th one over the years staring in 1977.
Anyway, I recently got the idea in my head to trade in my Jeep Gladiator. I loved the Gladiator but as an old guy I don't off road as much as I used to. I wanted something comfortable and capable on the road, able to haul a smaller travel trailer and still hit the desert when I had the notion.
Found a Rattler with the tow package and 3.5 EB. Only had it a few hours but love it so far. Looking forward to learning more about these new trucks and participating.

Ford F-150 Hi Folks!  I'm back!! 20230323_144747rs (Medium)
Sponsored

PPK

First Name
PPK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502A, 1947 CJ2A, WK2 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Well, the only reason I say that is I'm back to the F-150. This is my 6th one over the years staring in 1977.
Anyway, I recently got the idea in my head to trade in my Jeep Gladiator. I loved the Gladiator but as an old guy I don't off road as much as I used to. I wanted something comfortable and capable on the road, able to haul a smaller travel trailer and still hit the desert when I had the notion.
Found a Rattler with the tow package and 3.5 EB. Only had it a few hours but love it so far. Looking forward to learning more about these new trucks and participating.
I have had a streak of JGCs... they are solid and great middle of the road. But jeep has sure let GM and Ford bypass the old Pentastar 3.6... its was good engine for ten years ago.. but mpg and power are just weak compared to either of the ecoboost engines and really nothing left over to tow even a lawnmower. I still have one and drive it less and less with the Lariat sitting next to it in the garage.. And my '20 JGC has a lot of little rattles - the earlier ones did not have. The 3.6 is a might noisy when it starts up too. My '47 hurricane is not as loud. The ford is better in pretty much every category except the B&O stereo speakers.

Good luck.

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN, FPD, CCSO
This is what I traded. I don't think I'll regret it. They basically gave me what I paid for it 2 years ago so can't complain.

Ford F-150 Hi Folks!  I'm back!! 20220526_115311 (Medium)

Last edited:

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Congrats on the new ride!!
Sponsored