Vehicles
2022 Platinum
Mine sound just like that.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Yes, that's how they sound. Nice and loud...

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Mine are way louder than my old amp ones.

OP
OP

Fitzter

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 Platinum
Occupation
Automotive Painter
Thanks, My 2013 Limited were almost quiet. How is this an upgrade.

Sponsored

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
They are extremely loud. Not sure why. The AMP ones are much quieter, but dont engage until the door opens (OEM engages when you get close) and the AMP don't run wheel to wheel. So I got used to the sound.

mau47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 502A Powerboost FX4
When I was looking at trucks, I found two identically specced except one had the power running boards and the other had fx4, I didn't care about the fx4 package but went with it because the running boards sounded so bad. It sounded like something was wrong with them, I am not sure why ford doesn't have quieter units on this truck, their other vehicles I have seen with them were much smoother and quieter.

Superstock 3740

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Edge Titanium 2023 Ford F150 Platinum (order)
Occupation
Retired Maintenance Worker Post/Ralston Foods (President UE Local 718) .
I ordered my truck sight unseen, and I had never driven one with automatic running boards. This was my first truck. I flew into SC to pick it up, grabbed the keys and when I started it and drove off the lot I thought I had run over something. Or I had just hit something! It was those boards retracting LOL. Now I don't even notice them.

EcoB259

First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT S Crew
Occupation
Retired
I have the amp boards on my 22 and they are quiet compared to that. I do hear them open and close but very faint. I removed the oem stationary and this was one of the best improvements I’ve done. They are at the perfect height to get in and out vs oem that were to high.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
I have the amp boards on my 22 and they are quiet compared to that. I do hear them open and close but very faint. I removed the oem stationary and this was one of the best improvements I’ve done. They are at the perfect height to get in and out vs oem that were to high.
There is a lot to like about the AMP Boards. Height is good and they are much quieter. Not sure why they don't come out with a wheel to wheel version. I use my running board to access the bed up near the cab all the time. For me, that makes the AMP a no go and the OEM the only real option (apart from stationary boards).

OP
OP

Fitzter

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 Platinum
Occupation
Automotive Painter
There is a lot to like about the AMP Boards. Height is good and they are much quieter. Not sure why they don't come out with a wheel to wheel version. I use my running board to access the bed up near the cab all the time. For me, that makes the AMP a no go and the OEM the only real option (apart from stationary boards).
I agree the OEM are good , the extra length to bed with the kick pad is nice. Just wish they were as quiet and went lower like the Amp.
Sponsored