Rubbing/grinding noise when at low speed

ajpettry33

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5
I just noticed today that when I'm approaching a stop sign, driving straight, and NOT pushing the brake my truck is making a rubbing or grinding noise and you can slightly feel it as well. I checked to see if anything is rubbing on the tires/etc and cannot see any sort of piece rubbing. Any idea?
Sponsored

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Don't know what it is... But don't be fooled by it's going away at higher speed. Like an out of balance tire that vibrates at low speed & seems to go away at higher speed, it's still vibrating and damaging things.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Sounds like either a bearing or brake caliber not totally releasing. front? back? side? Does it go away when you step on the brakes?

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Max tow axle equipped truck? Check your centre bolts on rear axles

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
You did say you can feel it, so not sure if this applies but there is a thin metal round "dust guard" on the inboard side of the entire brake rotor that is easily bent out of shape that can gently rub against the brake rotor until you gently bend it back. This became an issue for me recently after getting new tires installed and tire shop bent both front dust guards enough to rub the rotors. Easy fix, but might require removing the wheel to get to the whole thing. Just an FYI.

Sponsored

LouDog

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Lariat Powerboost
I’ve got the same issue. 21’ lariat PB. Not always present and shows up loud at around 5mph but intermittently. Wish I knew the issue!

OP
OP

ajpettry33

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5
Yeah sounds like my issue. I didnt notice it today after putting about 75 miles on yesterday 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored