Sponsored

Odd vibration noise from weatherstripping at Highway speed?

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport (order), 17 F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
VP of Construction
21 F150 Lariat Screw.
I'm a "window cracked" kind of guy, regardless of the weather. At highway speed on windy days, with the drivers window cracked.... When the wind blows there is an extremely noticeable fluttering/vibrating noise coming from the Passenger side B Pillar (between the front and rear doors). I cannot for the life of me figure out where it's coming from in specific as I'm driving at 75mph. But, I think it the vertical rubber trim piece between the doors.

Has anyone else noticed this or heard this?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
21 F150 Lariat Screw.
I'm a "window cracked" kind of guy, regardless of the weather. At highway speed on windy days, with the drivers window cracked.... When the wind blows there is an extremely noticeable fluttering/vibrating noise coming from the Passenger side B Pillar (between the front and rear doors). I cannot for the life of me figure out where it's coming from in specific as I'm driving at 75mph. But, I think it the vertical rubber trim piece between the doors.

Has anyone else noticed this or heard this?
Hello, Jersey! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this vibration concern. Thanks!

OP
OP
cturboaddict

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of Construction
Hello, Jersey! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this vibration concern. Thanks!
It's a vibration noise or a fluttering noise. Not a vibration in itself.

I send you a message.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Sometimes it's just a pressure wave. If you open a couple other windows a bit, and the sound goes away, there's your answer.

OP
OP
cturboaddict

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of Construction
Sometimes it's just a pressure wave. If you open a couple other windows a bit, and the sound goes away, there's your answer.
It's not a "pressure buffering noise". Something is physically rattling somewhere. At first I thought maybe it was the seat belt, but eliminated that theory.

yes, i know that opening more windows or rolling them all up makes it go away.
So would turning up the radio, but LOL.

Sponsored

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
Yes! Mine does this on both sides — am curious as well. Only happened a few times in same scenario. I make sure to crack two windows now.

At first I wondered if it was the sunroof drain tubes or something but I don’t think they run down the B pillar.

OP
OP
cturboaddict

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of Construction
Yes! Mine does this on both sides — am curious as well. Only happened a few times in same scenario. I make sure to crack two windows now.

At first I wondered if it was the sunroof drain tubes or something but I don’t think they run down the B pillar.
No sunroof in my truck, so that's not it. Let me grab a photo of what I "think" it is.

OP
OP
cturboaddict

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of Construction
This is what I think it is. I think it's rattling up and down. Go grab yours, you'll see how loose it is.
Ford F-150 Odd vibration noise from weatherstripping at Highway speed? 20230501_100031

Ford F-150 Odd vibration noise from weatherstripping at Highway speed? 20230501_100043

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Hi Richard. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
That part is tight though when the doors are closed at least on mine. Have you tried spraying silicone on the weatherstrips. I find it helps to do a couple times a year. When they are a little dry they can get noisy

Sponsored

OP
OP
cturboaddict

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of Construction
That part is tight though when the doors are closed at least on mine. Have you tried spraying silicone on the weatherstrips. I find it helps to do a couple times a year. When they are a little dry they can get noisy
I'll have to check with the doors closed.
No, haven't tossed any silicone on there. Are you just using standard silicone spray? Or something else?

Coolhand

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
I have this too on my 23 Lariat. Did it when wife cracked passenger window around 70 mph. Did it again when I was doing about 72 on highway. Pushed door out near the back seal and it stopped. Pulled door in near back of driver window and it stopped. Sounds like a pair of rubber lips flapping.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have this too on my 23 Lariat. Did it when wife cracked passenger window around 70 mph. Did it again when I was doing about 72 on highway. Pushed door out near the back seal and it stopped. Pulled door in near back of driver window and it stopped. Sounds like a pair of rubber lips flapping.
Good morning! I would be glad to help you out with this vibration issue. Just shoot us a direct message with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. Thank you!

OP
OP
cturboaddict

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of Construction
I would bet this is 100% the same reaction on my truck.
Sponsored