Fkn_fafa

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150, 18 Focus, 16 Fusion, 07 Audi A4
Good Morning Folks

Just returned from a weekend road trip in the truck. Everything worked as it should, my only concern was the AC.

I had it set to fan speed 1, temp at 60*, recirc on, auto off. It felt like every half hour the fan speed on the ac would increase for a few minutes then die off slowly. I figured this would be a feature with the Auto setting, but I wanted manual control and just constant fan speed.

Anyone else experience this? Might bring it up at my first oil change if no luck here.
Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Not sure if the f150 has it, but it may be doing something my car does which is an anti fogging system. If my car detects high humidity in the air that may lead to the windows fogging up, it’ll automatically raise the A/C fan speed to dehumidify the air (and even turn on the hvac by itself when the hvac is off completely). Can’t say I notice though as I just use auto all the time and it won’t let the interior get to that state. Don’t want another car without automatic climate control, it’s amazing

OP
OP
Fkn_fafa

Fkn_fafa

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure if the f150 has it, but it may be doing something my car does which is an anti fogging system. If my car detects high humidity in the air that may lead to the windows fogging up, it’ll automatically raise the A/C fan speed to dehumidify the air (and even turn on the hvac by itself when the hvac is off completely). Can’t say I notice though as I just use auto all the time and it won’t let the interior get to that state. Don’t want another car without automatic climate control, it’s amazing
That makes a ton of sense for South Florida. Haven't seen any info on that, but would definitely be sweet.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I agree with OP, the fan speed just does what it wants. I like the fan set very low most of the time and can't stand auto fan speed. I also wish recirc would stay on until I turn it off.

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Same experience driving home after buying the truck. Fan on low out of manual, when it kicked on it was medium speed and warm air. Based on what I’m reading my best guess is it’s an “intelligent” system regardless of auto on or off. Maybe it’s adding dry air to the cabin? My first thought was oh great I’m in the glitch club. I couldn’t get it to go off either, even when I turned the entire system off it kept blowing.

Sponsored

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Haven't figured it all out yet either.
But I believe the fan switch is a limiter not fan speed setting.
I set it to 1 or 2 and it never goes to 3 max fan. (noise) But does go on off up and down in speed.
I think its still in auto mode. Then I only adjust Temp between 68-72. Seems to work so far. And stays in that mode on startup. Yeh otherwise its pretty smart, but not enough manual overrides.
Next we all have to figure out how the heater works, maybe our Canadian friends have that sorted already.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fkn_fafa

Fkn_fafa

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Haven't figured it all out yet either.
But I believe the fan switch is a limiter not fan speed setting.
I set it to 1 or 2 and it never goes to 3 max fan. (noise) But does go on off up and down in speed.
I think its still in auto mode. Then I only adjust Temp between 68-72. Seems to work so far. And stays in that mode on startup. Yeh otherwise its pretty smart, but not enough manual overrides.
Next we all have to figure out how the heater works, maybe our Canadian friends have that sorted already.
A Heater?! Whats that?

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Its the thing we use to keep the engine from overheating in summer in the middle of Death Valley. LOL

OP
OP
Fkn_fafa

Fkn_fafa

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Its the thing we use to keep the engine from overheating in summer in the middle of Death Valley. LOL
Is that still a thing? I figured modern tech would have caught up with Death Valley by now. That must be serious torture driving through DV with a heater on. Ill keep my humidity down here.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Is that still a thing? I figured modern tech would have caught up with Death Valley by now. That must be serious torture driving through DV with a heater on. Ill keep my humidity down here.
Just reminded me of old days. Was planning a possible trip in November so watched some vids of F150's crossing Death valley and they all held up fine in the heat with AC running. Raptor and XLT etc. Always nice to bring a buddy with a Jeep just in case. LOL I won't go to Anza Borrego or Mojave in summer let alone Death Valley. Did Joshua tree at 106 with AC blasting no problem but can't hike very far. But its dry heat...ROFL

Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I dont know if anyone mentioned this, but for manual control, I flip the dials all the way down to "LO" and then press on the "AC" button.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Yeh I played with it more today and found the max button too. and one button does auto limit and other tab manual fan speed override. Cycled power and recirculate went off again not persistent. I think AC button comes back on too. And yeh I read the manual a couple times before , lol Maybe time to reread.
Sponsored