First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Ever since I first started looking and researching a new F-150 back in December I've tried to look at all regular cab threads, especially build threads, to get a better idea how I wanted to configure a truck to fit my needs and especially my budget. After hours of reading and looking I knew I really did not need 4 wheel drive and a short bed regular cab would do. I debated getting the XL 103 High package after the 'work surface' was added to that package but decided not to because it might impact the way I want the interior to look after I get the seats done in leather. Tires and wheels are going to be replaced as soon as I get back from Iowa so why pay the extra $1,170.00?
Then I looked at 2023's just to see if I could save money and have a truck I could be happy with but few leftovers have the 5.0 and Sync 4 in a 2×2 short bed. After running all the numbers it made TOTAL SENSE to order a 2024 from Granger..and I was shocked by how low the out the door cost was!
Typical out the door cost at virtually any dealership in Florida for basically any extended cab.. even XL's..is over $50,000.00 and most dealerships even if they advertise a lower price have mandatory high packages added. In fact I just watched a Dealer video of a 2024 single cab XL that had a $2,450.00 bump sticker placed proudly next to the regular window sticker.
So for all of you folks considering a 2024 consider getting a regular cab! But from Granger. If you can live with two wheel drive (locker standard) and a short bed will work for you you get a very well equipped new truck for well under very well under $39,000.00 out the door. With air, power windows and locks cruse auto 5.0 12" screen and dash all the new tech locker 7-4 pin tow hitch ect ect. And I'm willing to bet it will not depreacte near as much percentage wise as any extended cab in XLT or higher trims..
Sponsored

gtchs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 RCSB soon
Agree completely! That's why I ordered a RCSB from Granger last October. Still waiting on it though...

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
Gee, I read the threads and it's like it's 2021 all over again...... Except I didn't have the option of getting a 2 wheel drive if I wanted the 3.73 gears.

I would have liked the 12 inch screen though. (and the temp in the dials...still po'd about that)

Sponsored

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Ever since I first started looking and researching a new F-150 back in December I've tried to look at all regular cab threads, especially build threads, to get a better idea how I wanted to configure a truck to fit my needs and especially my budget. After hours of reading and looking I knew I really did not need 4 wheel drive and a short bed regular cab would do. I debated getting the XL 103 High package after the 'work surface' was added to that package but decided not to because it might impact the way I want the interior to look after I get the seats done in leather. Tires and wheels are going to be replaced as soon as I get back from Iowa so why pay the extra $1,170.00?
Then I looked at 2023's just to see if I could save money and have a truck I could be happy with but few leftovers have the 5.0 and Sync 4 in a 2×2 short bed. After running all the numbers it made TOTAL SENSE to order a 2024 from Granger..and I was shocked by how low the out the door cost was!
Typical out the door cost at virtually any dealership in Florida for basically any extended cab.. even XL's..is over $50,000.00 and most dealerships even if they advertise a lower price have mandatory high packages added. In fact I just watched a Dealer video of a 2024 single cab XL that had a $2,450.00 bump sticker placed proudly next to the regular window sticker.
So for all of you folks considering a 2024 consider getting a regular cab! But from Granger. If you can live with two wheel drive (locker standard) and a short bed will work for you you get a very well equipped new truck for well under very well under $39,000.00 out the door. With air, power windows and locks cruse auto 5.0 12" screen and dash all the new tech locker 7-4 pin tow hitch ect ect. And I'm willing to bet it will not depreacte near as much percentage wise as any extended cab in XLT or higher trims..
With the way this started I thought you were cancelling your order!

I keep getting the itch to jump on a RCSB. I'll be curious how the 2wd trucks fare for traction. For someone that is never going to supercharge it (me) It just seems like a $5000 upcharge for something I don't need.

A little ticked they removed e85 compatibility though.

OP
OP

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Chili.. I had no need for 4 wheel drive so that's 5 grand saved and since I don't want chrome another grand saved. I'm getting black platform running boards, privacy glass and a new option just listed..a bed rug. That's $550.00. All the standard equipment on the XL I would have ordered so it's a great fit for me. I'll add LED running lights a painted to match one piece tonneau cover and wrap or paint the black XL grill. I think the basic truck is a great value ( especially at Grangers price) and I think Ford will sell a much higher number of regular cabs this year as price increases for the last 3 years put more expensive configurations beyond lots of folks ability to finance at today's rates. It's just about the most new truck I can afford.

gtchs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 RCSB soon
I almost ordered a 23 RCSB a year and a half ago. In order to get some of the options I wanted, it was just over $50K (XLT) which is just way more than I thought it was worth. The 24 I ordered (RCSB with 103A) is just under $37K which I think is an awesome deal with the 5.0, 3.73 rear, digital dash, 12" screen, LED headlights, etc. Sure, I wish they would have made some other options available for RCSBs like power seats and push start but none of the other options are a must have for me.

Can't wait to get it!

Old Hat

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT RCSB, 2005 ZR2 Blazer 5 sp manual
What color did you guys order?

Sponsored

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I paid 30K for my 2021 XL RWD, 5.0 short bed, single cab. I bought it through a Car Pro agent and it listed for 36K. It is fast as hell in Sport Mode with gobs of torque.

OP
OP

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
From the start I was going with Carbonized Grey..I had a 2006 SRT-10 Quad cab in Mineral Grey and really liked it. But after looking at videos of Iconic Silver trucks I now am going with that. I think it will go better with the black XL trim.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Resale value will be very poor. I had difficulty selling my super cab pickup as most people wanted to have seating for 5 adults which requires a crew cab.
Sponsored