Regrets?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm regretting a little going with the Lariat 502 optioned up as opposed to the platty. I think the Delta is around $2500. It seems like when you load up a trim level pretty well, you get to the point where it's smarter to just go to the next one.

My money would get me painted bumper, 20" wheels, and nicer leather.

The benefit of the Lariat (besides $) is increased payload and no chrome tailgate trim (subjective obviously)
Agreed. In fact, regardless of trim, once you hit a certain threshold of upgrades on any trim you reach that point that you described. You may as well consider the next trim up.

For the last decade the XLT 302A Sport was the sweet spot for maximum value equation. You'd get HUGE discounts on them too. The supply chain was bloated with them. Amazing amount of truck for about the cost of a nice Honda Civic!

Man have things changed. MSRP is a tough pill to swallow for that specific build.
Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I'm regretting a little going with the Lariat 502 optioned up as opposed to the platty. I think the Delta is around $2500. It seems like when you load up a trim level pretty well, you get to the point where it's smarter to just go to the next one.

The benefit of the Lariat (besides $) is increased payload and no chrome tailgate trim (subjective obviously)
Yep. The dealer wanted me to option a Lariat, but the resale value is defined by the trim level, not the msrp. Plus I wanted to see if I could sleep on the lay-flat seats (which I do) and I wanted the tow mirrors, so the Limited was a non-starter. I built this one as basically a luxury long range tourer, not as a maximum capacity pickup.

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost

Just out of curiosity, do you know what you options you would have had that are on the 502 Lariat that maybe would be something you'd still have to pay extra for on the Platinum? Or is basically everything from the 502 standard on the Platinum?

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition

Ditto, though I have 502A Sport with 20" wheels. Regrets I have:

1. I wanted Antimatter Blue. Can't get that with the sport package.
2. I wanted a Platinum. I've wanted one for a long time but could never afford it until the last couple of years.
3. I convinced myself I didn't want the chrome wheels mirror caps, and handles.
4. I could have probably dealt with #2 above, but I'm an impatient person and jumped on this Lariat.

I regret it so much now that I ordered a 2022 Platinum in Anitmatter Blue with the BAP. Yeah, I'm an idiot (wife tells me that too), but I can probably get almost what I paid for this Lariat by selling it privately and the $3000 PCO along with Koons 5% deal make it easier to swallow.

Sponsored

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Getting astray of the subject but since I have some responses...

" I'm regretting a little going with the Lariat 502 optioned up as opposed to the platty. I think the Delta is around $2500. "

Exactly $3700 more for me (eats up most of the resale value) and forces me into 20" wheels and bed utility package which I don't want.

" Just out of curiosity, do you know what you options you would have had that are on the 502 Lariat that maybe would be something you'd still have to pay extra for on the Platinum? "

Quite a few actually:
Platinum High
Trailer Tow
CCD
Scales
7.2 Pro Power
Tow Mirrors
Work Surface

Tough choice but leaning towards sticking w the Lariat. Lariat also has the grey interior, 18" wheels/tires, higher payload due to no bed utility, less badging, and quicker delivery that I want.

Things from the Platty I would have liked: Brushed aluminum look, body color bumpers, seat massage although I'm not sold on general comfort, a little nicer interior, bed lights with bed utility which is nice, just didn't want the payload/towing hit.

snopro31

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F-150 and ordered 2021 f150
Regret even ordering one as it hasn’t shipped and it’s been 7 months.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I deeply, DEEPLY regret (and I CAN'T emphasize this ENOUGH!) only placing one order with one dealer.

I DID place two more duplicate orders with other dealers after I realized that my truck wasn't being built but it was too late by then.

MOST dealerships will place an order with a minimal REFUNDABLE down payment of $500.00 +/- and many will place an order with NO down payment at all.

DON’T feel like you’re “scamming” the dealerships by not telling them that already have the same truck on order with another dealer or letting them down when you cancel and collect your refund because the other dealer delivered your truck first.

Dealerships are DESPARATE for inventory and you’ll only be doing the canceled dealership a favor by putting a new truck on their lot that they otherwise would have never had.

The “supply chain problem” is FORD’S problem. Don’t make it yours!

2drunk2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost XLT
Sad to say it but I regret my truck (purchased in April). I think my situation is a one-off and not reflective of the whole and I do not intend to dissuade anyone as I think the F150 a great truck, just not mine specifically and local tech are not same caliber I have experienced in other markets. I love the mix of comfort, payload, towing ability, and performance. I have used to tow our travel trailer, enclosed trailer, and flatbed with our loader with bucket and implements with ease. The ProPower is great when boondocking and working on our properties. Unfortunately for me, this has all been offset by the following issues that mostly began manifesting in Nov at 9.4k miles (only 800 miles driven since Nov due to issues):

*Took two tries to get front air dam fixed. First attempt was told air dams not covered by warranty, then told we it doesn't have a retractable air dam, and then attempted to charge me diagnostic fee. Second attempt was fixed and no further issue with it. This was early in ownership.
*Complete loss of brakes. was at a stop, tons of error messages went off, pedal went down, and truck went forward- dealer found "bad or incomplete programming." Only two error messages recorded despite multiple other ones showing on the dash.
*Since then, in stop and go situations, especially parent drop off loop at the elementary school, keep getting error "Check Brake System" but nothing records in the system or FordPass. Dealer disregards error since they can't see any error codes. Dashcam recordings that catch the audible alert are not of use.
*During initial brake loss, I parked the truck and used my other truck. Found that at about 48 hours after shutdown, transmission will leak. At 40 hours, no leaks but once around 48 hours will start leaking. Hard to determine rate of leak but puddle about 10" diameter after a few days of leaking.
*Two dealerships said there was no leak, until I got under the truck and pointed it too them.
*Multiple appointments to get leak taken care of. Leak disregarded due "to being hard to see in that area." Dealership "attempted" to charge diagnostic fee since they couldn't determine it was a warranty issue.
*Trans leak eventually fixed by replacing a defective seal, service advisor couldn't clarify which seal was replaced but it took a few weeks to come in. I haven't parked truck long enough to verify if corrected or not.
*Having extremely hard deacceleration downshift now (comparable to hitting the breaks for second and audible clunk), think it is occurring on 4 to 3 shift when no gas pedal input is given; intermittent issue.
*Wasn't able to shift out of park the other day, had to turn the truck off, wait, and then restart it.
*Developed issue where sometimes no power steering for bit after starting, will resolve after moving about 10 ft.
*Developed issue of losing power when mostly turning left from a dead stop. Will start to go, and then no power for a second or two, then power returns. Not turbo lag and is new issue that just started on route I have driven since I owned this truck.
*Center channel speakers makes static sound/ pop when turning truck on; intermittent.
*Sporadic errors when using ProPower.
*My truck is not covered by Roadside Assistance. Window sticker and Ford Customer service says it is but Roadside says it isn't. Impossible to resolve and I have stopped attempting after already devoting over 10 hours to it. Ford Customer care send me to roadside, roadside sends back Customer Care, Customer Care then sends to Connect, Connect then send to Administrative, Administrative then sends back to Customer Care. Roadside says Customer Care needs to fix their system, Customer Care says Roadside needs to fix their system, end result is no one seems able to fix. Social media reps online will say send me your vin but then in private messages, says Roadside needs to fix their system and they can't help. Had to use third party to tow my vehicle to dealer for brake failure as Roadside wanted $273 for tow to dealer in my service area.

Again, I think the F150 is a great truck, just not mine right now. I am hopeful my issues will be resolved.

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Sad to say it but I regret my truck (purchased in April). I think my situation is a one-off and not reflective of the whole and I do not intend to dissuade anyone as I think the F150 a great truck, just not mine specifically and local tech are not same caliber I have experienced in other markets. I love the mix of comfort, payload, towing ability, and performance. I have used to tow our travel trailer, enclosed trailer, and flatbed with our loader with bucket and implements with ease. The ProPower is great when boondocking and working on our properties. Unfortunately for me, this has all been offset by the following issues that mostly began manifesting in Nov at 9.4k miles (only 800 miles driven since Nov due to issues):

*Took two tries to get front air dam fixed. First attempt was told air dams not covered by warranty, then told we it doesn't have a retractable air dam, and then attempted to charge me diagnostic fee. Second attempt was fixed and no further issue with it. This was early in ownership.
*Complete loss of brakes. was at a stop, tons of error messages went off, pedal went down, and truck went forward- dealer found "bad or incomplete programming." Only two error messages recorded despite multiple other ones showing on the dash.
*Since then, in stop and go situations, especially parent drop off loop at the elementary school, keep getting error "Check Brake System" but nothing records in the system or FordPass. Dealer disregards error since they can't see any error codes. Dashcam recordings that catch the audible alert are not of use.
*During initial brake loss, I parked the truck and used my other truck. Found that at about 48 hours after shutdown, transmission will leak. At 40 hours, no leaks but once around 48 hours will start leaking. Hard to determine rate of leak but puddle about 10" diameter after a few days of leaking.
*Two dealerships said there was no leak, until I got under the truck and pointed it too them.
*Multiple appointments to get leak taken care of. Leak disregarded due "to being hard to see in that area." Dealership "attempted" to charge diagnostic fee since they couldn't determine it was a warranty issue.
*Trans leak eventually fixed by replacing a defective seal, service advisor couldn't clarify which seal was replaced but it took a few weeks to come in. I haven't parked truck long enough to verify if corrected or not.
*Having extremely hard deacceleration downshift now (comparable to hitting the breaks for second and audible clunk), think it is occurring on 4 to 3 shift when no gas pedal input is given; intermittent issue.
*Wasn't able to shift out of park the other day, had to turn the truck off, wait, and then restart it.
*Developed issue where sometimes no power steering for bit after starting, will resolve after moving about 10 ft.
*Developed issue of losing power when mostly turning left from a dead stop. Will start to go, and then no power for a second or two, then power returns. Not turbo lag and is new issue that just started on route I have driven since I owned this truck.
*Center channel speakers makes static sound/ pop when turning truck on; intermittent.
*Sporadic errors when using ProPower.
*My truck is not covered by Roadside Assistance. Window sticker and Ford Customer service says it is but Roadside says it isn't. Impossible to resolve and I have stopped attempting after already devoting over 10 hours to it. Ford Customer care send me to roadside, roadside sends back Customer Care, Customer Care then sends to Connect, Connect then send to Administrative, Administrative then sends back to Customer Care. Roadside says Customer Care needs to fix their system, Customer Care says Roadside needs to fix their system, end result is no one seems able to fix. Social media reps online will say send me your vin but then in private messages, says Roadside needs to fix their system and they can't help. Had to use third party to tow my vehicle to dealer for brake failure as Roadside wanted $273 for tow to dealer in my service area.

Again, I think the F150 is a great truck, just not mine right now. I am hopeful my issues will be resolved.
This kind of stuff (And the 0% loan) is why I purchased the Premium Care ESP. Most of these things sound “electronic” and I smelled this coming with the “chip shortage”.

I never believed that Ford would be willing to shut down their factories indefinitely while their normal source for chips ramped back up and assumed that they would be getting chips from ANY supplier who could ship them.

And since (as far as I know) Ford isn’t actually installing chips is anything but rather having vendors (like Bosch) build their boards, that creates another layer of lost quality control.

What I never expected was Ford’s complete lack of Customer Care and the total chaos at Ford Motor Company.

It’s really a shame and they’re going to pay for it by turning life long Ford customers like me into “anything BUT Ford” customers.

I ordered my truck last March, after several "promised build dates" they delivered it on November 29th I drove it until December 30th when it shattered a valve and it’s been sitting at the dealership, outside in the parking lot with the engine torn apart ever since with no ETA.

We’re replacing my wife’s car this summer and she hasn’t decided what she’s going to get yet. But we’ve certainly decided what she” NOT going to get.

I don't regret buying my truck. I love it! It's an awesome truck.

I regret that I had to buy it from Ford Motor Company.

Last edited:

2drunk2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost XLT
This kind of stuff (And the 0% loan) is why I purchased the Premium Care ESP. Most of these things sound “electronic” and I smelled this coming with the “chip shortage”.

I never believed that Ford would be willing to shut down their factories indefinitely while their normal source for chips ramped back up and assumed that they would be getting chips from ANY supplier who could ship them.

And since (as far as I know) Ford isn’t actually installing chips is anything but rather having vendors (like Bosch) build their boards, that creates another layer of lost quality control.

What I never expected was Ford’s complete lack of Customer Care and the total chaos at Ford Motor Company.

It’s really a shame and they’re going to pay for it by turning life long Ford customers like me into “anything BUT Ford” customers.

I ordered my truck last March, after several "promised build dates" they delivered it on November 29th I drove it until December 30th when it shattered a valve and it’s been sitting at the dealership, outside in the parking lot with the engine torn apart ever since with no ETA.

We’re replacing my wife’s car this summer and she hasn’t decided what she’s going to get yet. But we’ve certainly decided what she” NOT going to get.

I don't regret buying my truck. I love it! It's an awesome truck.

I regret that I had to buy it from Ford Motor Company.
Sorry to hear about your truck, that is horrible and hope it gets fixed soon. I really thought about the ESP as well since this thing is really a rolling computer- probably would have been a good way to go but in my market, it may have been useless since getting even warranty work is a struggle. I agree with you, I think all my issue are electrical/ programming in nature and not mechanical.

We also were looking at getting another new vehicle this summer for my wife when she finishes grad school but with all the issues, experiences with the service department, and Ford Customer Care not being able to fix our Roadside Assistance, it is highly unlikely I would purchase another Ford- sad since I have owned quite a few over the years.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Sorry to hear about your truck, that is horrible and hope it gets fixed soon. I really thought about the ESP as well since this thing is really a rolling computer- probably would have been a good way to go but in my market, it may have been useless since getting even warranty work is a struggle. I agree with you, I think all my issue are electrical/ programming in nature and not mechanical.

We also were looking at getting another new vehicle this summer for my wife when she finishes grad school but with all the issues, experiences with the service department, and Ford Customer Care not being able to fix our Roadside Assistance, it is highly unlikely I would purchase another Ford- sad since I have owned quite a few over the years.
Oh yeah... I forgot about Ford's "Roadside assistance"...

After FOUR HOURS of waiting for a tow truck... they sent me a text saying that the FIRST tow company decided to "pass" on the tow and they were "looking for another tow company"

SIX HOURS later... my truck was being loaded onto a tow truck.

THEN... they actually had the nerve to send me a "customer satisfaction survey"!

JUST IN CASE my nose wasn’t already covered in shit!

lol

These people are shameless!

krj1053

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat F-150
Getting astray of the subject but since I have some responses...

" I'm regretting a little going with the Lariat 502 optioned up as opposed to the platty. I think the Delta is around $2500. "

Exactly $3700 more for me (eats up most of the resale value) and forces me into 20" wheels and bed utility package which I don't want.

" Just out of curiosity, do you know what you options you would have had that are on the 502 Lariat that maybe would be something you'd still have to pay extra for on the Platinum? "

Quite a few actually:
Platinum High
Trailer Tow
CCD
Scales
7.2 Pro Power
Tow Mirrors
Work Surface

Tough choice but leaning towards sticking w the Lariat. Lariat also has the grey interior, 18" wheels/tires, higher payload due to no bed utility, less badging, and quicker delivery that I want.

Things from the Platty I would have liked: Brushed aluminum look, body color bumpers, seat massage although I'm not sold on general comfort, a little nicer interior, bed lights with bed utility which is nice, just didn't want the payload/towing hit.
Any idea how much weight the bed utility package adds? I know the power tailgate is heavy but how heavy?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The tailgate step is a 40lb hit to your Payload, according to Ford. They do not list the weight of the power tailgate motor, but it's probably not a lot. Figure 50lbs for the package.
Sponsored