Sponsored

Regrets?

mckyolick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Any regrets so far? I absolutely love my PowerBoost, it's my first ever truck. But with the minor, but annoying, issues that are starting to build, and the number of complaints and problems from so many other PB/14Gen owners, I'm really starting to annoyed. A $55K vehicle at 6-months old should not be having this many problems.
Sponsored

RandyNC

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PowerBoost FX4 7.2kW Pro Power
Occupation
Tech Director
This is also my first truck and I have put 2600 miles on it with no issues. I am still learning on a daily basis how everything works and learning what sounds are normal and what sounds I should be concerned about. This forum has been incredibly helpful in understanding this new hybrid platform.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Any regrets so far? I absolutely love my PowerBoost, it's my first ever truck. But with the minor, but annoying, issues that are starting to build, and the number of complaints and problems from so many other PB/14Gen owners, I'm really starting to annoyed. A $55K vehicle at 6-months old should not be having this many problems.
It's interesting, because I don't think I've ever heard anyone say problems SHOULD be happening on a truck or car at 6 months because it was only a $25,000 vehicle.

Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
No regrets. I love it. I’ve had a couple minor problems but the dealer fixed them. And I have a bumper to bumper extended warranty for 7/100 so I can just enjoy and not worry.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On a serious note: I have 12,200 miles. My truck hasn't seen any type of Ford dealership since the day I bought it. That's 12,200 miles since May 15 2021. 6 months.

So I am pressing this PB. No problems that warrant a dealer at all.

By 12,000 miles in the new generation Ram, I was at dealer about 4 or 5 times.

Sponsored

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
I do have one significant regret. I picked up my Powerboost in Iowa in June and, first time in the seat, drove it 1400 miles back to Prescott, AZ without a hiccup. In September, we hooked up our 6,000# trailer and towed it 3,000 miles, up the west side of the Rockies and back down the east side, again without a hiccup. It has yet to see the dealer, altho' an oil change is getting close. My regret? Ford's chronically poor way of communicating with its customers. We're actually considering a Mach-E now and I'm seeing the same lack of satisfactory comms from Ford with that community and their issues as I experienced while waiting for my F150. This is our first Ford, my originally doubting wife loves the truck, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. So it's such a shame I'm left with doubts about buying from Ford again, even tho' we are the perfect use case for a MME.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I do have one significant regret. I picked up my Powerboost in Iowa in June and, first time in the seat, drove it 1400 miles back to Prescott, AZ without a hiccup. In September, we hooked up our 6,000# trailer and towed it 3,000 miles, up the west side of the Rockies and back down the east side, again without a hiccup. It has yet to see the dealer, altho' an oil change is getting close. My regret? Ford's chronically poor way of communicating with its customers. We're actually considering a Mach-E now and I'm seeing the same lack of satisfactory comms from Ford with that community and their issues as I experienced while waiting for my F150. This is our first Ford, my originally doubting wife loves the truck, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. So it's such a shame I'm left with doubts about buying from Ford again, even tho' we are the perfect use case for a MME.
I kind of agree. I am a day 1 Lightning reservation, and I am considering just giving up on it too... due to communication, or the lack thereof.

It's sad when the only news we seem to be able to get it from Dealers, who have different News per dealer, and news sources online that aren't really news sources, but article writers whose news is merely just reporting on what some guy stated in a forum of what their dealer told them.

And then everyone takes it all as fact.

Ford should have been stepping in a lot more. Press release. Just updates. Good or bad. More frequently. I'm a grown man and can accept that challenges on this new innovation are going to happen. Just communicate it more.

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
No regrets. My 3rd Ford truck, and the best one. 5700 miles, no issues so far.

My 2007 Jeep WK CRD, by comparison, has required repairs and replacement parts that have added up to my original purchase price. 111000 miles, and everyone at the repair shop knows it well.

Kliza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
No regrets.

I have bought new houses and cars and each time there is a shake down period for them. So yes there are going to be problems which need to be addressed. Yes everything should be perfect but that is a high expectation considering the amount of technology that is in todays vehicles. With this being the PB's first model year as well, I am assuming there will be more then the average number of issues which will need to be addressed.

Liquid-Todd_AZ

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Occupation
Sales
I have no regrets with my PB, only regret reading this post because it makes little sense.

Ford F-150 Regrets? B4058BA8-F56B-4281-8826-76EFE6AFC861
Sponsored