• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Registeration Full

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I just received the following email three hours ago. DC is the closest to me and it looks like it was full before the email was sent to me. Is Ford messing with me? or this is a Phishing scam? Those of you that got a legitimate email, does this look familiar? Is this a cruel Psych experiment?

Did anyone received an invitation today (9/23/2021) and was able to register?

p.s. Relying to email bounces. I called Ford and they were no help.

Hello F-150 Lightning Reservationist,

You are invited to an exclusive, limited-capacity, All-New, All-Electric 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Truck event. As a reservation holder, this is an opportunity to explore the all-electric 2022 F-150 Lightning prior to vehicles arriving in dealership.

Please note, attendees reserving a spot will be asked to provide their Lightning reservation number upon check-in. Based on anticipated demand and overall capacity, pre-registration is strongly encouraged to ensure your spot at the event. Capacity will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, while availability lasts.

Pre-Register here: https://www.F-150LightningTour.com

We look forward to seeing you!

Thank you,

The Ford F-150 Lightning Team

And this is what I see at the link in the email: https://forddrivetour.com/F-150Lightning/

Ford F-150 Lightning Registeration Full 1632436192139
Sponsored

Last edited:

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Probably just a poorly timed marketing email, slots filled up quick. Emails may have been sent out earlier to certain people, or enough people responded before you did.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Probably just a poorly timed marketing email, slots filled up quick. Emails may have been sent out earlier to certain people, or enough people responded before you did.

I know DC was full long before I got the email. I am fairly certain no spot was available anywhere when the email was sent to me. It is either incompetent robots running amok or there is a working link that is not shared in the email.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I know DC was full long before I got the email. I am fairly certain no spot was available anywhere when the email was sent to me. It is either incompetent robots running amok or there is a working link that is not shared in the email.
From what I've seen in comments on past events these have been filling up very quickly. Ford is certainly sending out thousands of emails for each event and there's maybe a few hundred slots available. There's also the possibility of delays in processing the email on both the sending and receiving email servers so it's entirely possible people could have gotten the message 20,30, or maybe even 60 minutes before you did.
I've also read of people refreshing the site for a while and eventually seeing availability

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've also read of people refreshing the site for a while and eventually seeing availability
You know if I have to buy a new mouse, it will be all your fault ;)

Sponsored

Lilwendal

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 HD
Email for me popped up at exactly 3pm. I registered immediately but when I went back in 10 minutes later it was full. For Daytona.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I just received the following email three hours ago. DC is the closest to me and it looks like it was full before the email was sent to me. Is Ford messing with me? or this is a Phishing scam? Those of you that got a legitimate email, does this look familiar? Is this a cruel Psych experiment?

Did anyone received an invitation today (9/23/2021) and was able to register?

p.s. Relying to email bounces. I called Ford and they were no help.

Hello F-150 Lightning Reservationist,

You are invited to an exclusive, limited-capacity, All-New, All-Electric 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Truck event. As a reservation holder, this is an opportunity to explore the all-electric 2022 F-150 Lightning prior to vehicles arriving in dealership.

Please note, attendees reserving a spot will be asked to provide their Lightning reservation number upon check-in. Based on anticipated demand and overall capacity, pre-registration is strongly encouraged to ensure your spot at the event. Capacity will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, while availability lasts.

Pre-Register here: https://www.F-150LightningTour.com

We look forward to seeing you!

Thank you,

The Ford F-150 Lightning Team

And this is what I see at the link in the email: https://forddrivetour.com/F-150Lightning/

1632436192139.png
I received the email at about 3pm. There were only a few spots left when I signed up. Glad I didn’t wait to ask the boss for time off… ?

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Man this is rough. 10 minute window for email? I never check my email that often. I need to figure out how to filter and rig Ford emails to a bullhorn.

Any DC people need a ride along?

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
If anybody is anywhere close to the Detroit area there is an outdoor auto show going on this weekend. Its called Motor Bella, which is on 78 acres, and has a off road course and track. Ford is giving rides in the Lightning, Bronco, and Mach E all weekend on the hot track. The other part of the big 3 also have numerous vehicles to ride in, we got to take a nice five foot high jump in a TRX at about 40 mph. We hit the press day and got a few rides, the Lightning was a fun ride and does a nice job smoking the tires, nice truck, not sure Im ready to turn in my ICE for one yet.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
In my recent experience at (Los Angeles) Fontana, CA, you really don't need the appointment time slot.
A lot of people just showed up without a reservation.
Just show up with your reservation number and they will let you in.

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
I was able to register for the NYC one(MetLife stadium), the email popped up on my computer at 3pm registered right away and went back in 15mins later and said it was full.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
When I registered for Denver the slots were gone within 10 minutes. I was in fast and had my pick. However I never got a confirmation email so I didn’t attend.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
I received the email at 3:01pm, registered right away.When I registered time slots were available for 1600, 1630, 1700, 1730 & 1800

DC is at FedEX field. Not a good time of day to be on that side of the beltway.
Sponsored