Sponsored

Recommended Place (or Brand) to Buy Automotive Wire?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I am looking to add radar cruise and possibly front parking sensors and whatever else the front of my 302A XLT is missing. Last project where I bought wires from Amazon had them falling apart in like a year. Like rotting from the inside. Any place that anyone would recommend where you can buy rolls of automotive wire in different colors on spools?
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I’ve been using wirebarn.com and there’s also prowireusa.com

there’s a lot more than that but that’s all I’m familiar with off the top of my head

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Thanks.. it sounds like I would want GXL wire in the engine compartment? Any issues with GXL fitting in the connectors?

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Beer Drinker
Thanks.. it sounds like I would want GXL wire in the engine compartment? Any issues with GXL fitting in the connectors?
I use TXL,
What connector are you using and where?

Sponsored

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I am lookin
I use TXL,
What connector are you using and where?
I am looking to add radar cruise, some parking sensors and front camera. I will get a factory bumper harness. But I am betting that the harness from bumper to firewall to apim doesn't have all the wire I need. If so I will likely go from bumper connector through the firewall and to APIM. I think I will pin those connectors rather than by the pre-pinned pigtails to avoid having the extra crip.

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Beer Drinker
@personalt
Inside the vehicle TXL will be fine and the thinner insulation will make it easier with smaller connectors to crimp. If you wires are wrapped with some thing like the TechFlex F6 in the engine compartment, the TXL will work to. If you don't plan on protecting the wires with some kind of sheathing, than go with the thicker isolation wire.

Crimpers are another story - you can spend big money on them. Depending on the size these are a good all around crimper. I have 8 different ones now and use them all.
iCrimp,

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
@personalt
Inside the vehicle TXL will be fine and the thinner insulation will make it easier with smaller connectors to crimp. If you wires are wrapped with some thing like the TechFlex F6 in the engine compartment, the TXL will work to. If you don't plan on protecting the wires with some kind of sheathing, than go with the thicker isolation wire.

Crimpers are another story - you can spend big money on them. Depending on the size these are a good all around crimper. I have 8 different ones now and use them all.
iCrimp,
Thanks.. my plan was to either run Techflex or split loom tubing wrapped in Tesa tape. I have a crimper similar to that iCrimp one - might even be same. So will stick with TXL.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I've bought NAPA brand wire since my first car a 71... that wire is still in service...
Sponsored