Sponsored

Looking for a place to get 12 volts when the vehicle is running. Any fuse panel schematics?

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
What type 2 way radio are you installing? Anything with much transmit power is going to need more amps than those tiny gage wires can handle. Might wanna look & see what the current draw is when transmitting before you order anything.

I had a 110w Kenwood VHF in the backseat of my last truck & i think it was rated at 20+ amps!
I don’t wanna see you melt something or have a really nice installation & find out you blow a fuse every time you key the mic
That's the best application for the "Charge Guard". (see above)

No need to fish around for an ignition source to tap, just wire it directly to the battery and it will sense when you start your engine, turn on your radio (or whatever) and start the timer when you shut it off.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Truman

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 150 Powerbost King Ranch
Occupation
Retired state trooper
What type 2 way radio are you installing? Anything with much transmit power is going to need more amps than those tiny gage wires can handle. Might wanna look & see what the current draw is when transmitting before you order anything.

I had a 110w Kenwood VHF in the backseat of my last truck & i think it was rated at 20+ amps!
I don’t wanna see you melt something or have a really nice installation & find out you blow a fuse every time you key the mic
Thanks I took all that into consideration before choosing one. This ain't my first install....I even have a way to put a mag mount antenna on an aluminium truck