First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 Lariat ordered 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Financial Planner, Lawyer
Have you updated you ipma? The early builds did have an issue with picture quality that was addressed in an update.

to The other question. The cameras from xlt and above are the same. They are digital all the way to the apim.
Xl uses the same cameras as the other trims except the ipma takes the digital image and converts it to ntsc and sends it to the apim through a twisted pair rather than a coax.

you can upgrade the xl trim to digital all the way if you did a 12” upgrade because the 8” apim doesn’t have digital in unless you have 360 cams and the 8” then it is digital all the way. If you don’t want to do the 12” upgrade and you want digital then you can get the 8” digital input apim it has a brown connector below the gps antenna port.
Came here to say this but Jesse beat me to it. ?
Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Have you updated you ipma? The early builds did have an issue with picture quality that was addressed in an update.

to The other question. The cameras from xlt and above are the same. They are digital all the way to the apim.
Xl uses the same cameras as the other trims except the ipma takes the digital image and converts it to ntsc and sends it to the apim through a twisted pair rather than a coax.

you can upgrade the xl trim to digital all the way if you did a 12” upgrade because the 8” apim doesn’t have digital in unless you have 360 cams and the 8” then it is digital all the way. If you don’t want to do the 12” upgrade and you want digital then you can get the 8” digital input apim it has a brown connector below the gps antenna port.
I have not other than whatever was updated over OTA (currently on 2.3.0). Picture quality is good on a 502A Lariat but it is just a noticeably poor frame rate (as noted in post).

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have not other than whatever was updated over OTA (currently on 2.3.0). Picture quality is good on a 502A Lariat but it is just a noticeably poor frame rate (as noted in post).
Ok. No OTA has touched the ipma yet. The ptas have been 1.4.0 - TCU, 1.6 -gateway, 1.7.1 - apim, 2.1.0&2.1.1- gateway updates and then TCU/apim for 2.3.0

sometimes a calibration helps the frame rate. If you have 360 cam then you do only the 360 cam calibration it takes 30mins or so of driving andif rear cam only you do pro trailer back up calibration

Last edited:

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Ok. No OTA has touched the ipma yet. The ptas have been 1.4.4-TCU, 1.6 -gateway, 1.7.1 - apim, 2.1.0&2.1.1- gateway updates and then TCU/apim for 2.3.0

sometimes a calibration helps the frame rate. If you have 360 cam then you do only the 360 cam calibration it takes 30mins or so of driving andif rear cam only you do pro trailer back up calibration
Thanks - will look into it. It isn’t a huge deal it’s just something I always found noticeable. I have 360 cam but issue appears to be mostly associated with rear camera - if I turn on the front camera sitting at a light it does not appear to be bad. What is required to do a calibration?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks - will look into it. It isn’t a huge deal it’s just something I always found noticeable. I have 360 cam but issue appears to be mostly associated with rear camera - if I turn on the front camera sitting at a light it does not appear to be bad. What is required to do a calibration?
Fdrs at this time. I’ve spoken to Forscan developers but they are telling me it’s too difficult to add at this time or will take more time.
There is a very easy guided process. It did help mi e I had the same complaint about low frame rate

Sponsored

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
Ford backup cameras have always been much clearer than most manufacturers.
The bed camera sucks, though.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ford backup cameras have always been much clearer than most manufacturers.
The bed camera sucks, though.
Yeah it’s not digital on these. I don’t know why they left it analog. GM cameras are incredible on their new stuff. I test drove one at the fair and it had all the cams and wow. Their cargo cam was clear as any I’ve seen. Ford makes some stupid decisions. They could have easily made the cargo cam digital.

Kepple319

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 2.7
Occupation
Prison Guard
Has anybody gotten any updates on the poor camera quality and is there any fix? The quality on mine is terrible (8” screen) terrible resolution and lags really badly

skiteton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB | 2022 Explorer ST
Job 2 '22 502A Lariat, no 360° cameras, reverse camera on tailgate only. Picture is quite fuzzy and partially distorted at the sides.
Sponsored