Rear Fold Flat Storage question

Dc2Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Hey guys, does anyone know if the rear partitioned lockable storage box under the rear seats is removable? I know it folds flat . But was wondering if it can be removed completely and re installed at a later time . Would like to have the option of removing it in case my dogs are in the back and I need to fold up the rear seats . Any info is appreciated . Thanks
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Hey guys, does anyone know if the rear partitioned lockable storage box under the rear seats is removable? I know it folds flat . But was wondering if it can be removed completely and re installed at a later time . Would like to have the option of removing it in case my dogs are in the back and I need to fold up the rear seats . Any info is appreciated . Thanks
Based off what I’ve seen, I don’t believe so. It is actually recessed a bit into the actual floorboard of the truck (if that makes sense). It would leave a weird, uneven space where it was originally at.

I don’t have them handy, but there are several threads and pictures on this site so you can see.

Last edited:

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Are you worried their nails will scratch it when flat? One option is what I do, and that's put either dog beds or bath mats. I have a couple memory foam bathroom mats that they really like and I've always put those and the dog beds in the truck bed under the shell.

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Here are some options to consider....
https://www.mypetneedsthat.com/best-dog-car-seat-covers/

OP
OP

Dc2Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
not worried about them scratching it . They are large breeds . It’s more about them having the entire floor area being flat . Looks like I might have to skip on the box . When it’s flattened , it’s quite a hump. Looks like maybe 3”.
Are you worried their nails will scratch it when flat? One option is what I do, and that's put either dog beds or bath mats. I have a couple memory foam bathroom mats that they really like and I've always put those and the dog beds in the truck bed under the shell.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer

G_Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Powerboost
The perfectly flat floor is a really nice feature. Great for dogs or also for putting big items in the backseat area (we moved a chest of drawers in a 2018 and it fit perfectly - the 3" rise would have tilted it quite a bit). Also if you fill those popup bins up with stuff and need to lower them then you have to find a place for all of the loose stuff.
Seems like finding some low milk crates that fit under the seats (and can be kept from sliding around) is a better solution. Can remove and throw in bed if you need the flat floor and could find them in a 50/50 or 60/40 split.
An aftermarket company should be all over this!

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
I have those on the amazon link. Designed for rifles but works good. When I need the floor, I simply remove the thing.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
We had the same concern since our dog travels with us on some trips. After looking at several videos and pics, it didn't look like it was raised up too bad. We put her foam dog bed back there so we think she'll be fine.

I really like the storage use there and wish I would have done something aftermarket to my 2010 Platty to keep stuff organized. Don't have the dog back there that much anyway and really want the organization/storage. Won't miss the monster sub-woofer in the 2010 either!

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
If considering one of those 'hammock' style seat cover products for your pooch, I suggest you first think about how it will close off the heat and ventilation source at the back of the console.

Jack
Sponsored