Sponsored

Lockable, fold flat storage under the rear seat STANDARD on Platinum?

Rusty

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 AntiMatter Blue Platinum
Super disappointed to see this on the 2022 build and price. I specifically didn't order this so I have a place for my dog in the rear. I realize it folds down but it's definitely not flush...and takes up a good amount of floor space back there. Anybody know anything differently?
Sponsored

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
It was not standard when I ordered my platinum in Nov of 21, its included on my window sticker. My blend date was 1/12.

OP
OP
Rusty

Rusty

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It was not standard when I ordered my platinum in Nov of 21, its included on my window sticker. My blend date was 1/12.
Maybe your order guide in November still had some of the '21 options...as the foldable storage wasn't standard in '21. But since it's on your window sticker - sounds like it's a standard option now for '22. Shoot.

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Maybe your order guide in November still had some of the '21 options...as the foldable storage wasn't standard in '21. But since it's on your window sticker - sounds like it's a standard option now for '22. Shoot.
Yup order guide for 1/3 also shows it as standard. I didnt really want it either, but who knows could love it.

OP
OP
Rusty

Rusty

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yup order guide for 1/3 also shows it as standard. I didnt really want it either, but who knows could love it.
You might be right. I could put a heavy blanket on the floor and maybe that would be enough to not bother my dog. I can see the appeal of it otherwise.

Sponsored

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
You might be right. I could put a heavy blanket on the floor and maybe that would be enough to not bother my dog. I can see the appeal of it otherwise.
Same...looking again its not actually on the window sticker, but is included on the features listing on the order tracking page. The same section also includes "Raptor graphics delete"...on my platinum...so perhaps its not the most accurate.

If I ever get my truck we will see. Nothing like making a $70k purchase then guessing what may or may not be included. It's like Christmas morning!

AnimalMother

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ram 1500
Occupation
Coffee
I was curious about this getting in the way as I want a completely flat area in the back. I read on another forum that you can just take a couple screws out and it comes out. Anyone confirm this? Does it leave a hole of missing carpet?

If it's similar to the older Superduty then it should come out like this.

I'd be ok with this. Then I'll just 3D print some plugs/caps to cover those bolt holes. Best of both worlds

Edit: scratch that. Looks like the bolts stick up above the carpet level and you cant remove them without cutting them off.

Last edited:

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I was curious about this getting in the way as I want a completely flat area in the back. I read on another forum that you can just take a couple screws out and it comes out. Anyone confirm this? Does it leave a hole of missing carpet?

If it's similar to the older Superduty then it should come out like this.

I'd be ok with this. Then I'll just 3D print some plugs/caps to cover those bolt holes. Best of both worlds

Edit: scratch that. Looks like the bolts stick up above the carpet level and you cant remove them without cutting them off.

I removed the fold flat storage so that I could re-use the rubber floor mats from my 2021. The bolts are barely taller than the carpet. With the FX4 rubber floor mat over top of the removed storage bin, you really can't tell that the bolts are there.

The bolts have a square nut at the base. It may be possible to loosen the nut and back out the bolt a bit but they didn't stick up enough to bother me under the mat.

bgator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
Same...looking again its not actually on the window sticker, but is included on the features listing on the order tracking page. The same section also includes "Raptor graphics delete"...on my platinum...so perhaps its not the most accurate.
Same for me.

Last week the tracker was showing my truck as Lightning too, but that's been fixed now.

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Want completely flat floor too. Just plan on finding the right thickness planks to put on the carpet to even it out.
Sponsored