Sponsored

Pro Trailer setting up via just measurements?

natefons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
On my older gen for setting up trailer on pro trailer, all I had to do was do some measurements and then do a very light driving to calibrate.

on the gen 14, the measurement part seems to be taken out, and now calibration seems to be somewhat automated via driving.

problem is the driving it needs is nearly impossible where I live.

I wants me to drive left and right, but even after a nearly 90 degree turn, it still wants me to continue to turn. I don't really have that much open space where I Can just take the trailer and just drive around.

The measurement approach was great...is there away to do that on gen14?
Sponsored

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I haven't done mine yet but when the time comes, a store parking lot or school after hours, seems like a likely place.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Yep, I went to a grocery store parking lot to do mine.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Does your new truck have BLIS?

Are you using the yaw sensor or the stickers?

What year is your truck?

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
You really just need a parking lot. It just wants you to drive in a circle. I can not say for sure since my truck did not take to there procedure.

Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I agree with other posters above--I would find a suitably large parking lot (at a grocery store or shopping mall, for example) so that you have space to make the requested turns. Also, for what it's worth, if you run out of space before it completes the requested turn, just drive where you can--it'll take longer to calibrate, but should still work. When you finally do turn appropriately, the calibration should pick up where it left off.

When I went through my calibrations, the grocery store parking area I used wasn't quite large enough, so I had to do a bunch of loops to get it all squared away. Just keep the speeds low so it doesn't cancel the calibration mid-stream.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
There's usually enough room in a school parking lot on a Saturday or Sunday. If you're using the yaw, be sure it's plugged in all the way.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Yes BLIS

stickers

I don't know if the Module is different from the Stickers but my 2021 XLT came with the Module and the driving I had to do was pretty minimal compared to what the instructions indicated. Walmart parking lot did the trick with plenty of room to spare.

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
I just did mine , it. Would be helpful to do it in a large empty parking lot, I did mine on a quite back road , but the turns where a problem in the set up. you only do 5 miles or 8 kms couple of straight stretches and couple of turns …
Sponsored