Sponsored

Truck won't remember trailer measurements for BLIS.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Each time I tow my trailer, I have to enter my trailer dimensions. Not sure why as it pulls up all my other settings for my trailer that I saved in that set up. Any ideas how to fix this? Anyone else encountered this?
Sponsored

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
How long is your trailer and what are you putting in for that number? There is a maximum length for a trailer (I think 32 or maybe 34 feet). If you put longer than that it either gives an error or just doesn't save it, don't remember which.

DocPep1986

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I'm having the same issue, actually; my truck keeps defaulting to the measurement of 0.3m (1ft), which turns the BLIS off until I re-enter my trailer details, which seem to remain saved until I disconnect the trailer again.

My trailer is 9.75m (32ft) long and 2.5m (8ft) wide which, as I understand, is still a "supported" length, according to Ford's website.

Reactions: 780

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I set up the backup assist yesterday, the truck didn't save the calibration. I haven't figured out what went wrong, I assume operator error

Roscopcoletrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT...on order
Pretty sure there are a few other threads on this. Few of us having the same issue.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
when i set up my sticker thing for the trailer assist.. it took a few trips around the neighborhood and one weird figure 8 cycle in a parking lot to finally grab all the info .

operator error was 1st reason it failed, then i re-read and watched the prompts and got it right.
its cool when it works, but a hard 90 on skinny street is to much for it to handle on 1st try.

if it persists, i would take it in. i had the TBC recall done upon delivery in april

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How long is your trailer and what are you putting in for that number? There is a maximum length for a trailer (I think 32 or maybe 34 feet). If you put longer than that it either gives an error or just doesn't save it, don't remember which.
It's only 23' hitch to bumper.

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm having the same issue, actually; my truck keeps defaulting to the measurement of 0.3m (1ft), which turns the BLIS off until I re-enter my trailer details, which seem to remain saved until I disconnect the trailer again.
That's exactly what mine is doing. Did it again this weekend when I towed with it. Very annoying.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I set up my BLIS for my trailer. Several times now, everything has worked swell on the way out. Yet, upon my return, the BLIS with trailer has been disabled. Still haven't figured out why.

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I set up my BLIS for my trailer. Several times now, everything has worked swell on the way out. Yet, upon my return, the BLIS with trailer has been disabled. Still haven't figured out why.
Hopefully Ford figures out a fix. It's pretty annoying.

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Mine can’t seem to remember my XM presets for than 2 or 3 days, expecting it to remember trailer measurements is asking way too much.
At some point Ford will get QA/QC on the software up to speed, until then we are in for a ride full irritating quirks.

bkm

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 2004 H-D, 1949 Ford 8N
Each time I tow my trailer, I have to enter my trailer dimensions. Not sure why as it pulls up all my other settings for my trailer that I saved in that set up. Any ideas how to fix this? Anyone else encountered this?
My 2021 F150 Lariat is at the dealer's today for this exact issue. On a recent trip to Florida, I had to re-enter the trailer dimensions before leaving the hotel in the morning, at every gas stop, at every rest stop, at every meal stop and any other stop along the way. I'll let you know what they tell me.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
My 2021 F150 Lariat is at the dealer's today for this exact issue. On a recent trip to Florida, I had to re-enter the trailer dimensions before leaving the hotel in the morning, at every gas stop, at every rest stop, at every meal stop and any other stop along the way. I'll let you know what they tell me.
If you did a master reset on your APIM, you'd likely lose that info. Also, it seemed that after one of the updates I lost my trailer settings and needed to re-enter them.

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awesome. I'm curious to hear what they say. Mine is going in next Tuesday for a new ride height sensoe to hopefully fix the Onboard Scales and SmartHitch.

While it's in there, I also asked them to turn off trailer routing.

When I enter the trailers dimensions for the BLIS, it turns on trailer routing. So every time I approach an overpass, it starts beeping at me. Before it wasn't a big deal. Go into Sync Nav and turn it off. Now since my trial has expired, any button I press in Sync Nav to try and disable trailer routing tells me I need a subscription to change any settings... :cautious:

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Awesome. I'm curious to hear what they say. Mine is going in next Tuesday for a new ride height sensoe to hopefully fix the Onboard Scales and SmartHitch.

While it's in there, I also asked them to turn off trailer routing.

When I enter the trailers dimensions for the BLIS, it turns on trailer routing. So every time I approach an overpass, it starts beeping at me. Before it wasn't a big deal. Go into Sync Nav and turn it off. Now since my trial has expired, any button I press in Sync Nav to try and disable trailer routing tells me I need a subscription to change any settings... :cautious:
I was looking forward to the trailer routing. Mine will be 11' 3".

Does it warn even when you're not in conflict?
Sponsored