Sponsored

Rain Sensing Wipers Not Sensing Rain

deejay9556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like a dealer special on this one. The sensor is clipped in just fine, so I guess Ford will have to diagnose at their place.
I had the same issue on my '23. Turns out it was due to the driver profiles. Each profile needs to be set to rain sensing wipers, including the default profile.

When I checked my default profile, it wasn't set to rain sensing. After changing it, rain sensing worked as it should.
Sponsored

OP
OP

crane

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum PowerBoost
WOW, this did the trick for me. That is definitely an odd quirk that I would classify as a bug within their system.

I had the same issue on my '23. Turns out it was due to the driver profiles. Each profile needs to be set to rain sensing wipers, including the default profile.

When I checked my default profile, it wasn't set to rain sensing. After changing it, rain sensing worked as it should.

aclosedmind

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 501a Powerboost
I had a guest profile that they weren’t turned on for. Haven’t tested but hopefully that was it!

HolyGrail

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor

This fixed my issue! You Sir saved me a trip to the stealership! Thank you!!!

nikon858

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ f150 platinum powerboost

This worked for me too! Thank you!

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
WOW, this did the trick for me. That is definitely an odd quirk that I would classify as a bug within their system.
"Odd quirk"?! That's the one thing that jumped to you?? I would say the only odd 'quirk' is the idiots at Ford dealerships who don't know this, run some "updates and TSBs" for you and others and it still didn't fix the problem.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I have noticed the rain sense setting doesn't always seem to save.

Does everyone have the wipers run once when first starting truck with the rain sense turned on?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I have noticed the rain sense setting doesn't always seem to save.

Does everyone have the wipers run once when first starting truck with the rain sense turned on?
I believe that's called the courtesy swipe. And if I'm not mistaken, you can enable/disable it too.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I believe that's called the courtesy swipe. And if I'm not mistaken, you can enable/disable it too.
That's disabled.

It didn't do this until I updated with FDRS last weekend so at some point a swipe of wiper when starting might have become a "feature." I try to remember to shut off the switch anyway and this is no different than dumb wipers being left on. Not big deal, but something I noticed. 🤷‍♂️

I've also had to enable rain sense more than once so I'll look for the profile thing mentioned in this thread.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
Courtesy wipe is when the wipers wipe one extra time a few seconds after a manual windshield wash is completed. I think the wipe we see upon start up is when the software is booting up and the wiper switch is in an 'on' position. It shouldn't be happening but it does randomly.

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I've noticed that mine "sense" very well most of the time but not always.

When they seem to become oblivious to the level of rain, I just tap the button at the end of the control and eventually they seem to get the message and start working fine on their own again.

It's a "Ford"... not a Tesla!;)

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
The rain sensing wipers work well in my 2021. I originally had to turn them on in the sync software though right on the screen.

dspa

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum FX4 Max Tow
Occupation
IT Analyst
If the user profiles trick doesn't work, and you have ForSCAN, here's another thing you can try...

I just went through this with my 2023. Honestly, we don't get a lot of rain in central NM this time of year, so I hadn't really noticed the issue until recently.

I tried checking the sensor bracket (it was fine). I replaced the sensor itself. No difference. Using Google, I came across posts #12 and #15 HERE. I hooked up to ForSCAN, and sure as snot, Rain Sensing was disabled in the SCCM. Enabled it, rebooted the truck, and the rain sensing now works as it should. Yes, I said "rebooted." :LOL:

I didn't try the profiles trick (didn't see it until just now), but I wonder if setting all profiles' rain sensing to "enabled" would have written the same data to the SCCM.

Sfg57

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum Powerboost, 2021 Lariat Poweboost
Occupation
Retired
On a recent 2000 mile trip in my 2023 Platinum PB, I was having the same issue. Regardless of the setting the wipers worked as if they were intermittent wipers. No rain sensing capability. At first I thought it was the same issue as my wife's 2021 Lariat. The sensor was not seated properly. I popped the cover off and looked and it was just fine. I disconnected my profile checked the default and it was NOT set to rain sensing. I changed it, reconnected my profile, and it now works. THANKS.

Shane150

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Construction

My courtesy wipe and rain sensing are not working as of few hours ago and I hope what you have suggested will fix the issue. It is night time and I am too lazy and tired to do it now. Will report back tomorrow morning.
Sponsored