First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat, 3.5 Ecoboost, 4X4
Occupation
IT Manager
I can confirm that the factory stalk worked fine with adding auto wipers on my 2023. I ended up replacing it with the auto stalk since I found it for around ~$30, but I noticed no difference after replacing it.
Kinda what I figured, same stalk, just different markings. I had little choice but to go the Infotainment route and could have just bought their harness but figured since I had to buy the sensor anyway, why not just go ahead and buy their kit which includes the stalk.
Sponsored

First time Ford

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Self Employed
I am new to the site. I did the rain sensing upgrade, installed the sensor and plugged it into the plug as show on this thread. I ran Forscan and made the changes in there. I went into vehicle settings and enabled the rain sensing wiper feature that now showed up. The rain sensing feature does not work when tested with a hose. No matter what setting the stalk is on it just delay wipes as normal. I assume a new stalk with the rain sensing feature is required??
My truck is a 2022 Lariat ER that did not come with the rain sensing wipers.
Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

First time Ford

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
One more question, since I already have the sensor now, should I get the infotainment harness with a new stalk, if so where can I get just the harness (Part number)????

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
One more question, since I already have the sensor now, should I get the infotainment harness with a new stalk, if so where can I get just the harness (Part number)????
Do you have power to the connector at the windshied for the sensor? If not, you will likely need the kit from Infotainment.com. The late '22's and 23's seem to work with just the sensor and forscan changes, but earlier ones need the wiring and switch in addition to the sensor.

johnhbrandon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat, 3.5 Ecoboost, 4X4
Occupation
IT Manager
I am new to the site. I did the rain sensing upgrade, installed the sensor and plugged it into the plug as show on this thread. I ran Forscan and made the changes in there. I went into vehicle settings and enabled the rain sensing wiper feature that now showed up. The rain sensing feature does not work when tested with a hose. No matter what setting the stalk is on it just delay wipes as normal. I assume a new stalk with the rain sensing feature is required??
My truck is a 2022 Lariat ER that did not come with the rain sensing wipers.
Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe, I have an early MY22 Lariat and mine did not have voltage at the rain sensor connector so I opted to go the Infotainment route which was pretty simple. I’ve heard from many that the new stalk is not required as it merely has the “A” on it to indicate the truck has the auto rain sensing option. Other than the labeling, the consensus is they’re the same. You need to PM @Jesse-Infotainment that you want to buy just the harness. They had it as a separate item on their website but had to remove it because some people were buying them in large quantities depriving others who wanted just one or the kit. After installing the Infotainment kit, I can report that the rain sensing option works great.

Last edited:

Sponsored

First time Ford

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
I tried checking for power at the sensor plug with a test light. Didn't get anything with truck on and wiper stalk on. Should I be testing a different way (is voltage very low)??

Leatherlungs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0L
Same question. I have a fuse in the slot as shown by OP on page 1, and I have the plug up top but don't see any voltage except .04-.05v when the wiper is on...

Mckid4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Occupation
Finance
If anyone is interested in the sensor I bought one but don’t have power to the harness, should have checked before ordering. $30 shipped within the US.

Ford F-150 Rain Sensing Wiper Upgrade IMG_1816

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-150 Platinum | '22 F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter
For those looking to add rain sensing wipers and need a harness as well as a sensor and an auto wiper stalk if you need it, definitely suggest getting in touch with @Jesse-Infotainment. Just added it to my work XLT, took me less than 15 minutes to get it all installed. Zero issues, big shoutout to @Jesse-Infotainment for the quick shipping too. 🤙🏼

Pcabe5

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F-150 XLT
I thought I would add my experience with my 2024 XLT, 302A. I completed the programming and the sensor has no power. So with the many changes in the 2024 models it would appear that the XLT 302A does not have the complete wiring for simply adding rain sense. I ordered a harness from @Jesse-Infotainment to complete the install.

Sponsored

Zmankeenford

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22f150
Occupation
Mechanic
@Jesse-Infotainment I got everything installed for the wipers and changed the modules in forscan and I have it turned on but every time I go to turn my wipers on it keeps wiping. Any ideas?

Pcabe5

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F-150 XLT
I thought I would add my experience with my 2024 XLT, 302A. I completed the programming and the sensor has no power. So with the many changes in the 2024 models it would appear that the XLT 302A does not have the complete wiring for simply adding rain sense. I ordered a harness from @Jesse-Infotainment to complete the install.
Everything installed and works if sprayed. One odd thing is every time I hit the start button they wipe once. I have found this anomaly in a Google search but no specific cause. It could be the sensor or the SCCM.

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
One odd thing is every time I hit the start button they wipe once. I have found this anomaly in a Google search but no specific cause.
Mine do that when it's been sitting in the garage overnight - not every time, but most of the time. I don't think it's ever happened when parked outside. This is on a 2021, factory installed.

Pcabe5

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F-150 XLT
I did some snooping and found a DTC for the SCCM. Initially I used
SCCM 724-02-01 XXXX XCXX as the program change but that evidently created a B10AD:55-2A code that is a not configured code. So I changed the SCCM back to As Built and the code went away. Surprisingly the Rain Sense still worked if sprayed with the SCCM not programmed for it, figure that one out.

I used the easy method to change my SCCM and instead of XXXX XCXX it changed it to XXXX XX49 which showed the rain sense in the module as enabled and no DTCs afterwards. The last two digits are quite a list on Livnitup's spreadsheet but 49 = SCMRainSensingEnable_Cfg (SCMRSEC) as enabled. So the second digit didn't change from As Built and wondering if it should have changed but changing the 8 to anything else will set a code. Not sure but the DTC goes away and stays away so I didn't mess with it further.

The single wipe at startup still happens but I have found this anomaly on GM trucks, Jeeps, Ram and other Fords. I don't think it is dust or moisture but programed to do this. One GM forum noticed this single wipe after an OTA update.

Last edited:

SteveL

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello. I'm new here and I need some help. I have a 2023 XLT 302A. I do not have the 360 cameras. I checked the plug in my truck for power to the rain sensor, and there was no power. I bought the complete kit from Infotainment and installed it today, following the instruction video on Infotainement. I made the following changes in Forscan (v2.3.60)

APIM - Rain Sensing Wipe - Enabled

IPC - Rain Sensor - Enabled

SCCM - Rain Sensor - Enabled
SCCM - Smart Front Wiper - Enabled (this was already enabled)

When accessing the APIM I got a pop up message saying something about ensuring I had the correct version of Sync 4. I clicked Ok and proceeded.

After making all changes, I went into Settings->Vehicle->Wipers - Rain Sensing and tried to turn it on. The setting was there, and I could hit the little info button and the explanation screen would pop up, but the Rain Sensing setting was grayed out and I could not turn it on. I went back in to the APIM and disabled the Rain Sensing Wipe setting, then enabled it again. This time the setting was not grayed out and I could turn it on.

But nothing happens when I turn the truck on and spray a hose on the windshield. The stalk is set to the off/auto position. All the other functions on the stalk work properly (windshield wash, intermittent, low speed, high speed, turn signals, bright lights). I've gone through all the settings repeatedly. I tried enabling the light rain sensor, but that didn't help, so I turned it back off. I don't know what else to do. Anyone got any ideas?
@Jesse-Infotainment
Sponsored

Last edited: