Sponsored

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I’ve experienced the same thing. In parts of the metroplex it will read the 75 sign on the express lane but then slow down again a quarter mile later when it reads the 65 or 70 mile sign on the right hand side of the highway. It will also read a temporary construction sign and slow down, which I think is a good thing.
Is there a way to set an amount over the speed limit you want the truck to do? I imagine you can turn off the feature completely?
Sponsored

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
Is there a way to set an amount over the speed limit you want the truck to do? I imagine you can turn off the feature completely?
You can set up to 20 mph over or below

MidnightM

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCREW Sport 5.0, 2021 F-150 SCREW Sport
Go into the menu on your Navigation screen and select weather. Then radar map.

20210116_073617.jpg
Ok so waiting for my truck to come - I've got the 12" screen with built in Nav as well, is this a regular feature? Is it using your phone's data? Interested as my 18 had nav but never a radar option.

Also read in this thread there are indicators on the productivity screen? Is this accurate? Will I see routes, arrows etc. on the smaller display? Would be cool to get a full rendering like in some german vehicles on the productivity screen.

HandsomeDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Can anyone comment whether the sync 4 system uses data through its own data plan or does it use the connected devices cellular data?

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ok so waiting for my truck to come - I've got the 12" screen with built in Nav as well, is this a regular feature? Is it using your phone's data? Interested as my 18 had nav but never a radar option.

Also read in this thread there are indicators on the productivity screen? Is this accurate? Will I see routes, arrows etc. on the smaller display? Would be cool to get a full rendering like in some german vehicles on the productivity screen.
I had the radar on my 2017 Platinum had the radar feature. It was under weather and then map.

Sponsored

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Some of this new tech sounds good. But it still needs some polish. I took ~400 mile trip yesterday and the intelligent cruise would read the signs on the service road. You would be cruising along at 75 mph and all of a sudden the brakes would be coming on and slowing to 55. It worked the same on the service roads, going along at 55 and all of a sudden it wants to go 75 since the sign was in between the 2 roads. The lane keep could use a thin capacitive ring or some other way to sense hands on the wheel. Jiggling the wheel ever 15 seconds gets old quick.
I found that there is a cruise control setting that allows you to have the truck read the signs and control speed based on them. I turned it off.

asubpargamer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry, Highlander, Tundra, Awaiting F150
Occupation
Electronic Technician
No they don't unfortunately apple and Android has the knockdown on their apps. Maybe some work around apps will be available to screen share later.
As far as AA, it's been possible to get whatever you want to show up, including video playback. As expected, it requires the phone to be rooted though.

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I've been looking for that. Awesome thanks!
I had the weather map when I first got my truck three weeks ago. Now it is grayed out. My 2017 platinum had it the entire time I had the truck so I didn’t realize it was a separate subscription. How do I get it turned on?

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I had the weather map when I first got my truck three weeks ago. Now it is grayed out. My 2017 platinum had it the entire time I had the truck so I didn’t realize it was a separate subscription. How do I get it turned on?
My understanding it's part of sirus xm subscription. I had it in my 16 platinum and carried it over to the 21. I believe it's under the nav app menu now.

Sponsored

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
If you turned off the data sharing, it will not work anymore. It uses the cell connection unlike the old XM system. I liked the old system better in my 2017.

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
My understanding it's part of sirus xm subscription. I had it in my 16 platinum and carried it over to the 21. I believe it's under the nav app menu now.
Maybe that’s it. I called Sirius and they said they showed I had a two year trial subscription with my Limited, so I got a rebate on my account. I noticed that my Sirius subscription status in the truck only shows 84 days. Maybe when I canceled my personal subscription I lost weather. I’ll have to check on that.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer

Bobert78

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape Titanium
What needs to be activated to get it to work. I’ve called ford and they keep transferring me.

Ford F-150 Radar map -- a feature some don't know about in 2021 F-150 4C1D39D6-9ED1-4461-AF5A-7A341AA6C38C
Sponsored