ProPower Onboard Unavailable Error Message

Seawolf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I keep getting this message (photo). It won't reset and when I close it, it will go away, then randomly pop up later. Stopped by the Ford dealership, but they said they needed to reset it with the computer and that it was not a 2 second fix. My appointment is later this week.

Have others had this issue? Why is it happening? What is the fix?

Ford F-150 ProPower Onboard Unavailable Error Message tempImage8DGf0W
Sponsored

OP
OP
Seawolf

Seawolf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Looks like I might be the only person with this issue...going to the Ford dealer April 4...Will let the folks on this thread know what I learn.

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
Nope, there is a long and twisted history of this problem if you search around. I don't have first-hand knowledge of this problem since I'm still a "waiter," but have followed the trials of others. Some of these appear to be weather or moisture-related, creating a ground fault disable. There is supposed to be a software "fix" for this issue (or a related issue) coming out in April but my sense is that it's more of a threshold reset to leakage current versus a true correction of the root cause issue.

epruden

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Looks like I might be the only person with this issue...going to the Ford dealer April 4...Will let the folks on this thread know what I learn.
I keep getting this message (photo). It won't reset and when I close it, it will go away, then randomly pop up later. Stopped by the Ford dealership, but they said they needed to reset it with the computer and that it was not a 2 second fix. My appointment is later this week.

tempImage8DGf0W.png

tempImage8DGf0W.png
I have a 2022 F150 XLT Powerboost with the 7.2 kw power. Just within the past couple of weeks I started getting a message indicating that Pro Power was not available to try again later. The yellow light on the cabin receptacle flashes. Nothing is plugged in to any outlet. I have an appointment in a week. I hope it can be fixed because I am headed out for a 6000-mile cross-country trip. Was planning on using pro power extensively.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I have a 22 powerboost and recently started getting the same message. I also started having a problem with the engine heating up to an abnormally high temp. The truck has been in the shop for two weeks and the part to fix the engine problem is back ordered until mid March. I’m hoping that the engine overheat issue is tied to the pro power problem.

if you are having issues with pro power dropping check your coolant level. As I read more posts I’m seeing people with the same exact issues that I had and there may be a systemic issue with slow coolant leaks based on the number of backordered parts that my dealer showed me.
Sponsored

Last edited: