Sponsored

RyanR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport FX4
Well I just popped my switch panel and I have the telescopic wiring! My factory mirrors have Bliss, power fold, heat, 360 camera, spot lights, and signal.
Nice I kind of figured this would be the case!
Sponsored

Twilly 3.0

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.0L Powerstroke, 2021 Edge SEL
If my memory serves me correctly, it's more diagnostics and readouts. Meaning you can't make system changes. You can pick up a used laptop of FB marketplace for cheap, $50 or so. Or post in the 14th gen FB group; people do meet up to do forscan on other folks trucks.

Which trim level? How could you tell? You have more wires than the panel switch? Edit* looking at the photo above, Im guess they're an unused pig tail
I popped the switch panel up off the door panel and the wiring is clipped into a “storage” clip. My truck is a Lariat 502A I believe, basically loaded and the mirrors have everything but power extend because they are the standard mirrors, seems as though the power extend wiring is dependant on the 360 camera option when compared to previous posts here.

RyanR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I popped the switch panel up off the door panel and the wiring is clipped into a “storage” clip. My truck is a Lariat 502A I believe, basically loaded and the mirrors have everything but power extend because they are the standard mirrors, seems as though the power extend wiring is dependant on the 360 camera option when compared to previous posts here.
Yes this would be 100% correct as the only option my truck was missing was the 360 camera, and my truck did NOT have the wire clipped up under the door panel :'( LoL (also a 502A truck)

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Cool when it warms up some I will have to pop mine off and take a look. I have a 300a BUT I have the 360 camera

D87302

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Mustang Bullitt; 2021 F150 XLT 302A SCrew...
Occupation
Retired
I need to add my mirrors also have puddle lights, turn signals, and lighting on the front of the mirror. All worked with just plug and play.
There was no need to recalibrate for the camera images?

Sponsored

scojason

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Hey Guys, figured I'd share here, I Own a 21 Lariat, My truck has blind spot, spot lights, etc. The only thing my truck didn't have was the 360 camera. I purchased the mirrors a week ago (the DA part number) when I ordered them, Ford Canadian warehouse had 15 of them. The mirrors did come with a new door trim piece for the Tele switch, and the switch itself. In the instructions they came with, it showed wiring for the telescope tucked under the original switch trim. So I was hoping that I could get this function to work with out much effort. So I installed the mirrors but I could not find the additional wiring. So Conclusion, after install, all my original functions WORKED with out any modifications. Power Fold - Works, Spot lights - Works, Mirror adjustment - Works all directions, Blind spot - Works, Heat - Works. The only functions I did not get, 360 camera (because my truck didn't have it to begin with, How ever there is just an addition optical plug in the mirror that you would just change out) And the power telescope. If anyone that happens to have a Truck with the 360 camera and tries this, let me know. They used to have two different door harnesses, clearly this is still a thing. I am just wondering if the trucks with the 360 cameras have the power tele pre wired. Thanks, hope this helps some of you decide to upgrade, If you can find the kits LoL.
@RyanR
I am trying to find a tow mirror that will work with my 2021 Lariat, I also do not have 360 camera or the power pigtail for power telescoping, but have BLIS, power fold, power adj, heat, memory etc.

Are you able to "manually" pull out/push your mirrors (telescoping) even though they are supposed to be powered ?

my service dept has tried the ML3Z17696BA on my truck but said the power mirror adjust didnt work correctly and would not keep the mirrors on the truck etc. So i am out of luck in finding "VIN supported" tow mirrors
I figured if you can manually pull out and push in the "power telescoping" version mirrors then maybe i could use ML3Z17696DA since i dont tow all of the time etc. thanks!

RyanR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@RyanR
I am trying to find a tow mirror that will work with my 2021 Lariat, I also do not have 360 camera or the power pigtail for power telescoping, but have BLIS, power fold, power adj, heat, memory etc.

Are you able to "manually" pull out/push your mirrors (telescoping) even though they are supposed to be powered ?

my service dept has tried the ML3Z17696BA on my truck but said the power mirror adjust didnt work correctly and would not keep the mirrors on the truck etc. So i am out of luck in finding "VIN supported" tow mirrors
I figured if you can manually pull out and push in the "power telescoping" version mirrors then maybe i could use ML3Z17696DA since i dont tow all of the time etc. thanks!
You will have to order the same mirror kit that I purchased to get everything to work, how ever I have not tried to manually pull out the mirrors, as they have a motor in them to do this, my fear would be damaging other components inside the mirror because you will either over come the force of the motor, otherwise break something. Although in the past on my 14 FX4 lux with the power fold, I did have a tech manually open the mirrors up, I was big mad because he should have known better but it didnt break anything thankfully. Honestly Just having the mirrors them selves even without the power scope they are way more functional and make towing easier. I didnt care about this function because I never once needed it on my 16 F250 KR.

Scarecrow06

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost FX4
I have the tow mirrors on my 2021 Platinum and just dont care for them. Is it easy to convert back to the standard mirrors? Are there people willing to trade who want tow mirrors? I surely dont want to go directly through Ford as it will cost me an arm and a leg!

OleCuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost
I have the tow mirrors on my 2021 Platinum and just dont care for them. Is it easy to convert back to the standard mirrors? Are there people willing to trade who want tow mirrors? I surely dont want to go directly through Ford as it will cost me an arm and a leg!
I'm hoping you find someone for that trade.

I got my standard mirrors replaced by the tow mirrors. I think that the truck looked better with the standard mirrors but I can see better with the tow mirrors.

I'm also guessing that the tow mirrors increase the drag just a little and gas mileage is therefore a little worse. I'm not sure how significant that is.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Post on the 14th gen group on facebook, lots of people will want to trade you. Probably someone local too. The swap is plug and play for you as well. I'd offer but I have manual fold mirrors.

Sponsored

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
Have u sold ur mirrors yet. I have a 22 XLT 301A. With 2.0 non assist.

Kliza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I bought my 2015 truck specifically with the tow mirrors and when I bought the 2021 PB it had to have the tow mirrors. So I special order the truck to ensure I got them.

I will not go back to regular mirrors.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Again, nonissue, but could depend on your height. If you are one of those folks where people do a double take to see if there’s a driver behind the wheel, you might have an issue. I suggest going to a dealer and sitting in either an F150 or a Superduty truck with towing mirrors. The cab sizes and formats are identical for all Ford pickups in terms of where the driver sits and placement of the mirror, so it will tell you what you need to know.
I sit relatively low in the vehicle so the tow mirrors blocking forward view at intersections is a real thing but not what I would consider an "issue" if you adjust your habits for them. If you look for pedestrians and bicyclists (lots of sharp metal things on them that will damage paint) as you roll up to an intersection and not just after stopping or reaching the intersection you can see the area that is later blocked. It's a small adjustment well worth it for the advantages of the tow mirrors. As I posted a few weeks ago (I hope it wasn't earlier in this thread), it's a lot like adjusting to the 157 WB, pulling a trailer, carrying cargo that blocks the rear window or something as basic as having the sun visor down....you just need to be aware of it and adapt.

jdr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5EB
Occupation
Retired Fire / EMS
I will post some shortly, List on the kit was 2200 CAD, how ever I have been going to this dealer for a while and have a business relationship with them, so I got them for 1900 CAD + taxes.

Got a chance to snap some pics, second image shows the new trim for the power scope switch, I didn't install it because the wire wasnt there. Third picture I'll use as a reference, in the instructions if you truck does have the wire there, it will be plugged into a holder shaped like the back of this switch, you will just have to unplug it from the old trim, and then plug it into the switch in the new trim piece.

IMG_7263.jpg

IMG_7265.jpg

IMG_7267.jpg
I'm trying to change my 2021 XLT from the manual tow mirrors to power fold / power telescope. I know I need to change the jumper wire in the doors but I'm having a difficult time finding the proper part number. Any chance you can check the wire harness in your front doors and provide part numbers?

jdr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5EB
Occupation
Retired Fire / EMS
I finally received all necessary parts. Mirrors (I had for several months) wiring harnesses (that is what I had to wait for, passenger side), control modules. Exchanged out wiring harnesses yesterday and installed mirrors today. Everything is working well. Power adjusts, power fold, power extend, turn signals and camera.
Sponsored