Sponsored

IT'S FIXED>>>>>>Pro Power Onboard keep turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I just got my F150 Lariat PB 7.2KW a week and a half ago. Today while driving the Pro Power Onboard kept turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets. Once I got to my destination and the truck sat for 6 hrs the problem did not happen again.

Again I had nothing plugged into any outlets. I took a video since it kept happening. The weather was a light snow, which this was the first time I drove in snow in my new truck.

Any thoughts? I called the dealer and made an appointment but am not hopeful. I asked if they have worked on any 7.2KW generator equipped trucks and the answer was no.
Sponsored

Attachments

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I just got my F150 Lariat PB 7.2KW a week and a half ago. Today while driving the Pro Power Onboard kept turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets.
Just an FYI... I believe that I saw a post from someone saying that leaving your Pro Power Onboard "on" all the time really adversely affects your gas mileage. I haven't heard anyone else say that, but just thought that I'd mention it.

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just an FYI... I believe that I saw a post from someone saying that leaving your Pro Power Onboard "on" all the time really adversely affects your gas mileage. I haven't heard anyone else say that, but just thought that I'd mention it.
Thanks for the FYI, I actually don’t leave it on, when I start the truck Bank A powers up automatically since it’s the outlets inside the truck.

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the FYI, I actually don’t leave it on, when I start the truck Bank A powers up automatically since it’s the outlets inside the truck.
I just realized it's only the 400W interter that powers on when I start the truck, it show circuit A but only 400W available.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
I just got my F150 Lariat PB 7.2KW a week and a half ago. Today while driving the Pro Power Onboard kept turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets. Once I got to my destination and the truck sat for 6 hrs the problem did not happen again.

Again I had nothing plugged into any outlets. I took a video since it kept happening. The weather was a light snow, which this was the first time I drove in snow in my new truck.

Any thoughts? I called the dealer and made an appointment but am not hopeful. I asked if they have worked on any 7.2KW generator equipped trucks and the answer was no.
I got my 7.2 in November. Same error water makes it fault and rarely works . FORD says software but i dont know any software that gets wet..

Sponsored

DMuiser

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I am having this problem every time I turn my truck on also

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am having this problem every time I turn my truck on also
Sorry u r suffering this as well . Have you noticed if it happens if its dry for a stretch? .
Have you seen the posts about certain wire harness that has been found not properly connected by some ?

DMuiser

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I noticed it didn’t work one day when we had rain, then it worked for a few days then we had a snow storm and it hasn’t worked for the past 2 weeks since then. I did see the posts about the harness but mine was connected. I also seen some people saying they needed an OTA update but I think I am all up to date as my sync is running version 21223 which is much newer than what version They were talking about on that thread

Sorry u r suffering this as well . Have you noticed if it happens if its dry for a stretch? .
Have you seen the posts about certain wire harness that has been found not properly connected by some ?

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I noticed it didn’t work one day when we had rain, then it worked for a few days then we had a snow storm and it hasn’t worked for the past 2 weeks since then. I did see the posts about the harness but mine was connected. I also seen some people saying they needed an OTA update but I think I am all up to date as my sync is running version 21223 which is much newer than what version They were talking about on that thread
Mine works if it stays dry. Minute i get the car wet in car wash , rain , snow it faults ...wet software no way

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Same issue w my 7.2 since novembet .ford says software but i can reprod I ce error every time by washing truck in car wash . Must be connection issue . Ford failing us . Dealer no clue . Many trips back no fix . Get a simpler truck from any other brand .Ford vustomer service terrible on this . Im prepped re ny laws and may have to sue Ford to buy back my truck . I dont desetve a loss on a new truck

Sponsored

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I take my truck to the car wash all the time and no issues. We had our 1st big snow storm on Jan 17th. 12 inches. Didn't leave the house until the next day. Pro Power kept turning off. Called my dealer and he got me in a few hours later. The tech said there's an update coming out in April to fix. He performed a PMI on DCACA and reprogram PCM per TSB 21-2229. This actually fixed it for a couple days. Then after a few days it worked fine. It's now a full week later and it's hit and miss as to whether it will stay on or turn off. I just don't understand how software is going to fix this.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I take my truck to the car wash all the time and no issues. We had our 1st big snow storm on Jan 17th. 12 inches. Didn't leave the house until the next day. Pro Power kept turning off. Called my dealer and he got me in a few hours later. The tech said there's an update coming out in April to fix. He performed a PMI on DCACA and reprogram PCM per TSB 21-2229. This actually fixed it for a couple days. Then after a few days it worked fine. It's now a full week later and it's hit and miss as to whether it will stay on or turn off. I just don't understand how software is going to fix this.
If my truck sees moisture generator faults out . No software gets wet .im taking mine to dealer tomorrow and asking them to inspect every generator connection

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If my truck sees moisture generator faults out . No software gets wet .im taking mine to dealer tomorrow and asking them to inspect every generator connection
Let us know if they find anything. I agree there has to be a ground that is getting wet.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Whole day at dealer. Was getting error messages aall day as they unplugged and replugged stuff saying nothin wrong . They washed the car and reproduced the griund fault error primptly but caannot reset at least they believe me . They havent given me any definitive answer about specific connection with orange lead in front of driver side that some have said was not connected properly . Theyll jeep it another day and see what happens . Im getting ready to either request a lenon replacement as this is 3rd time no fix or sue ford to buy this truck back then decide what to drive

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So my situation is very different. It’s 15 degrees here, I went to the car wash last night on my way home. The Pro Power turn off, parked the truck in my heated garage (55 degrees is the temp it set at) and all day today no issues with the Pro Power, it stayed on all day.
Sponsored