First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
This update (2-18ish-2023) was supposed to improve "trailer position/license plate lights".

I can't even imagine what they mean by "license plate lights" so I'll let that one slide... BUT,

My rear view camera (tailgate, not cab top) became my hitch camera and it was upside down.

My hitch camera became so zoomed in it was useless. And since my rear view (now hitch) camera was upside down, any view that included that camera was upside down as well.

And my Pro Trailer Backup Assist knob seems to have a mind of it's own and is no longer controlling my steering wheel with the smooth, fluid response it used to.

When I took it into the dealership, the camera issues seemed to have resolved themselves but the Pro Trailer Backup Assist is still wonky.

I have no intention of ever using Pro Trailer Backup Assist because I can back a trailer just fine without it but I do FULLY intend to use my warranty so I want it fixed.

Has anyone else had these issues with the new update?
Sponsored

OP
OP
GEN14OWNER

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I’m assuming that the “trailer position” improvement must have been a camera thing. Especially since the “hitch view” was zoomed in and my rear view cameras went all wonky. (And then fixed themselves)

I’m guessing that they did something to help the camera identify the trailer sticker better.

But I’m not using the stickers, I’m using the plug-in module. My truck was built in the Covid chaos of November 2021 so it was shipped with stickers AND a module.

The stickers didn’t work, the module did. Maybe the stickers will work now. Maybe that’s what the update was about.

When I have time, I’ll delete my trailer, unplug the module, apply the stickers and try it again. JUST out of curiosity. With all the camera views and the mirrors, I find backing a trailer with the Pro Assist more frustrating than helpful.

I’ll post the results here.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I got the update this evening. I will have to check things out tomorrow.

Enjoy the day!!

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
I just got this update this morning.
Nov 21 build. Just stickers. All cameras working just fine before update. I’ll check them later. Hope to god they aren’t screwed up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GEN14OWNER

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Nov 21 build. Just stickers. All cameras working just fine before update. I’ll check them later. Hope to god they aren’t screwed up.
That's so odd... Your truck was built the same month as mine. 5.0 4x4 XLT just like mine... but yours came with "stickers only"?

Mine came with stickers AND a module. The stickers didn't work, the module did.

My truck was built in Kansas City. Was yours built in Dearborn?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Aside the trailer/tag lights, this is a BCM update that also included a fix for truck with the quad headlight system that were experiencing a flicker in the headlights.

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
That's so odd... Your truck was built the same month as mine. 5.0 4x4 XLT just like mine... but yours came with "stickers only"?

I'm a Kansas built 5.0 XLT. I bitched about the lack of a box....Not that I expect to use it....

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB

Dearborn Nov 21 build here. Stickers only.

OP
OP
GEN14OWNER

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I'm a Kansas built 5.0 XLT. I bitched about the lack of a box....Not that I expect to use it....
I guess it was just the chaos of the Fou-Chi Flu. Our trucks were built in some pretty chaotic times!

The sad thing is that I don't have a trailer long enough to need "assist". It's a cool feature, I'm glad I have it but backing trailers (for some reason) has always come naturally to me.

I honestly find it more annoying than "useful".

But... it's another box to check when the time comes to sell my F150 for my Cybertruck down payment.

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
I got this update yesterday to "improve your trailer position/license plate lights" (22-PU1009-TLC-CSM). Reverse cam and trailer hitch zoom seem to work fine still, thankfully.

Before this, I got the Digital Owner's Manual one (23-PU0724-DOM-RS) in September and Power-Up 4.2.4 back in May. @rugedraw is this a prerequisite to get sent whatever Power-Up package happens after 4.2.4? Seems like this "22" update is out of chronological order...

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I got this update yesterday to "improve your trailer position/license plate lights" (22-PU1009-TLC-CSM). Reverse cam and trailer hitch zoom seem to work fine still, thankfully.

Before this, I got the Digital Owner's Manual one (23-PU0724-DOM-RS) in September and Power-Up 4.2.4 back in May. @rugedraw is this a prerequisite to get sent whatever Power-Up package happens after 4.2.4? Seems like this "22" update is out of chronological order...
No, this is a minor update that updates the driver and passenger door modules. Those modules are not tied to any of the more important ones where sequence matters.

Oopsy.....this is the new BCM update......not the DDM/PDM one.

Last edited:

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enginerd
No, this is a minor update that updates the driver and passenger door modules. Those modules are not tied to any of the more important ones where sequence matters.
Interesting. Here's a pic of my FDRS updates as of last month. Do you mean that DDM and PDM are now off the list?

Ford F-150 Priority Update 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM FDRS as of Dec 2023

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Interesting. Here's a pic of my FDRS updates as of last month. Do you mean that DDM and PDM are now off the list?

FDRS as of Dec 2023.png
I made a mistake. Confused this with another update. This is the new BCM update.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enginerd
I made a mistake. Confused this with another update. This is the new BCM update.
No worries, thanks. But I'm confused because BCM wasn't in my list of pending updates in FDRS last month. Why was I sent this update to update my BCM when FDRS didn't show it as a module needing update?
Sponsored