Sponsored

Price Breakdown Sheet from Dealer.....Wrote MSRP $2000 More than Window Sticker...Kind of Confused

OP
OP

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Are you in a rush to get the new truck? Like, do you need it today, next week?
I am not really......but i just know my trade in value for my 2016 will keep going down if i keep putting miles on it
Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I am not really......but i just know my trade in value for my 2016 will keep going down if i keep putting miles on it
IMO it will be insignificant compared to what you can save on a new tuck if you buy from Granger or another dealer.

Email (don't call) other dealers. Find the truck that you want and ask for bottom line, out the door price. Do not mention any trade in or payment (their bottom line price does not depend on your trade in or if you pay cash or finance). Get 4-5 quotes and go from there.

Etl330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yup it’s totally hilarious. I’ve been following a truck at a dealer in Texas where their slogan is ‘leaders in transparency’ then they advertise ‘xx% off msrp’ using the higher of the two ‘msrp’ numbers. Total clown show, but not as bad as the dealer in Arizona still trying to get me for msrp and mandatory add ons on a year old truck lol

LCF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
Occupation
Union Laborer
Might check them out. Thanks

Unfortunately it seems if i want to get a XLT Sport with a 5.0L, the dealers will need to make a trade with another dealer to get it
Yeah..I got lucky when I bought mine. I went there to look at a 3.5 and the 5.0 was sitting in their backlot. They just got it the day before and hadn’t even unwrapped it lol. Jumped on it before anyone else could.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Price Breakdown Sheet from Dealer.....Wrote MSRP $2000 More than Window Sticker...Kind of Confused
"Kind of Confused" is exactly where a crooked dealer wants the customer to be, they capitalize on that all through the deal.

IMO @sbi is correct - you should always negotiate the vehicle OTD bottom line price absent any consideration of trade or financing method. Many dealers will ask about trade or financing / your 'monthly payment target' up front; just tell them you want to agree to the OTD sales price before deciding on any possible trade or financing.

If they won't immediately agree to do that, you have a red-flag and a definite reason to walk / shop another dealer. Don't hesitate to walk, just do it.

Insofar as trade, I suggest you get a written CarMax purchase quote before shopping for a new vehicle. Yes, that requires going to CarMax so they can inspect the vehicle.

Reactions: sbi

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Kind of Confused" is exactly where a crooked dealer wants the customer to be, they capitalize on that all through the deal.

IMO @sbi is correct - you should always negotiate the vehicle OTD bottom line price absent any consideration of trade or financing method. Many dealers will ask about trade or financing / your 'monthly payment target' up front; just tell them you want to agree to the OTD sales price before deciding on any possible trade or financing.

If they won't immediately agree to do that, you have a red-flag and a definite reason to walk / shop another dealer. Don't hesitate to walk, just do it.

Insofar as trade, I suggest you get a written CarMax purchase quote before shopping for a new vehicle. Yes, that requires going to CarMax so they can inspect the vehicle.

100%.

And, you may also consider selling your truck later as a private sell. Perhaps a little more hassle, but you will most likely get more for it than trade in.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@NoReins - check out Granger web site, they have plenty of 2023 trucks in stock, you don't even need to order one and wait if you can't afford or don't want to wait. The most expensive XLT out-the-door is already lower than your dealer's MSRP, before his/her "games" with your trade.

skohler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 platinum PB
Look at Chapman Ford in Horsham (outside of Philly). I can only comment on ordering through them not buying off their lot- but my '23 was ordered at 3% under invoice. Was the same, or very similar, to what Granger offered at the time but didn't have to fly west. The process was super easy., it's worth a look for sure.

All the Ford dealerships around me at the time (late spring 2023) were either MSRP or more, even if ordered. I can't remember the exact savings, but it was a LOT of thousands (maybe 9K or so).

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I called every dealer in the DFW area to see if they’d even entertain matching or come close to Granger and none of them were. I had 2 dealers hang up on me (Grapevine Ford and Autonation Frisco). Others said they’d order one at MSRP and not below but again, none would come close. When I ordered through Granger, my King Ranch is nearly $10k off plus my PCO. Knowing this, why would anyone buy a year old (2023) truck that’s full of deletes for more money?

It just isn’t worth it. If you can wait about 3-4 months, just order from Granger and save yourself $$$. You’ll be glad you did.
As for your local dealer, buy the extended warranty from Granger when you pick up your truck and be a customer of your local service department, not their sales department.
Texas Country ford in winnsboro is very motivated to match or get close
They Give a good bit.
But just like many others. You have to ask and be armed with knowledge
Do build and price or use car gurus or the like. Search for truck you want.
Pull window sticker. Place a call
No reason right now to take a haircut on 23s. My dealer has over 10 .. 23s
And many super duty that are sitting
Around here the 450 is unicorn. As soon as one shows up..it's gone

Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
like others have said, run from that dealer! sheesh!

i saw you mention dealers in VA...buy out of state. you can negotiate the deal through emails these days. if you're trying to do a dealer in PA, go to fords website and do an inventory search. from there you'll be able to get the dealer info so you're not just aimlessly searching dealers and their inventory.

OP
OP

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
@NoReins - check out Granger web site, they have plenty of 2023 trucks in stock, you don't even need to order one and wait if you can't afford or don't want to wait. The most expensive XLT out-the-door is already lower than your dealer's MSRP, before his/her "games" with your trade.
Just went on their site and the have a 5.0L XLT Supercrew in the same color that was looking to get from another dealer....guess will reach out to Granger

However even the one truck I saw on their site, the price is 7K above sticker, then put a 9K discount on it

@Granger Ford sent you a PM

Last edited:

SGriff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 JLUR, 2024 Lariat 502A BAP PB Job 2 - Ordered
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Don’t let this be the deciding factor or rush you into a bad deal. The trade in on my 2020 JLUR has gone down maybe $1000 since I ordered my truck in November.

What you will probably see is the the trade in offers are utter garbage. In fact I got quoted a better deal just to sell it to Autonation (still entertaining). To be honest I am trying to sell it on my own and reducing the price from time to time (still more than what I would get as a trade in).

If I sell my Jeep before my truck is available I’ll Uber, take the ladies vehicle or buy a beater for a few months. If it comes down to it I’ll use an auto broker friend and sell it to the highest bidder. Either way I’m gonna get the exact vehicle I want for a great deal.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just went on their site and the have a 5.0L XLT Supercrew in the same color that was looking to get from another dealer....guess will reach out to Granger

@Granger Ford sent you a PM
Perfect! Hopefully you'll find what you want and you will not regret working with them, I can tell you from a personal experience. They'll even pick you up at the airport :giggle: . Good luck!

OP
OP

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Perfect! Hopefully you'll find what you want and you will not regret working with them, I can tell you from a personal experience. They'll even pick you up at the airport :giggle: . Good luck!
Still need to ask about their pricing as well, even the one truck I saw on their site, the price is 7K above sticker, then put a 9K discount on it. Says that have Pending Fuel Wheels/Tires and Leveling Kit on it. Dont think that type of add-ons is worth an additional 7K above sticker
Sponsored