Sponsored

Price Breakdown Sheet from Dealer.....Wrote MSRP $2000 More than Window Sticker...Kind of Confused

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I went to a Dealer on Saturday to check out a 2023 F-150 and to get some pricing and to figure out what my 2016 F-150 is worth on trade in.

For the truck, it has a MSRP of 62,070 listed on the Window Sticker. However on the Price Breakdown paper they provided me, that spells out taxes, fees, trade-in value and what the monthly payment may be depending on how much down payment i used, they list the MSRP at 64,070

So basically this is how the breakdown is

MSRP/Retail: 64,070
Savings: 6,014.29
Sale Price: 58,055.71

and so-on for Trade Allowance, Taxes, Doc fee, etc...

On the Window Sticker. It says Total before Discounts with a price of 64,070, then -2000 for the XLT High Chrome or Sport Package to be a final MSRP of 62,070

Wouldnt technically the final MSRP be 62070 with the Pre-Applied Ford Discount? Then the $6000 be for the 62070, or do you think the dealer rolled the $2000 into their savings amount of 6014.29? So in theory i am only getting a discount of $4014.29?

It has been awhile since I purchased a new vehicle and I just question numbers all of the time when I see something that looks weird to me.
Sponsored

lariater1996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2024 On Order
To answer your question. Yes, savings should be off the MSRP on the window sticker which already factors in the discount. Yet dealers like to include the Ford discount in their "Savings" to make it seem like you're getting a better deal.

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
I looked at a 2023 XLT. Fairly loaded. $55K minus the $2500 rebate. Plus TTL.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
In this market, that's not a good deal. That should be 5-7k less.

Don't pay for their optimism. What state are you in?

Sponsored

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
They are just trying to sneak that extra 2k in, sad but very common. You can call them out on it and they will adjust but they will likely try to sneak it back under financing etc. you really gotta stay sharp and look at everything

Thor’s Stormboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Area-51
At this point knowing what Granger is capable of offering, I would leverage Granger's prices against any dealership here in the states. I was seeing $11k off a Lariat at a minimum, and even $5k off on a Tremor. Raptor's were even discounted. Even if it costs, say, $500 for you to fly out to Iowa from wherever you are coming from, you'd still be saving thousands over what most other dealerships are charging. But as the other posters mentioned, I would correct them on the MSRP, and if they push back on you then walk.

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
I called every dealer in the DFW area to see if they’d even entertain matching or come close to Granger and none of them were. I had 2 dealers hang up on me (Grapevine Ford and Autonation Frisco). Others said they’d order one at MSRP and not below but again, none would come close. When I ordered through Granger, my King Ranch is nearly $10k off plus my PCO. Knowing this, why would anyone buy a year old (2023) truck that’s full of deletes for more money?

It just isn’t worth it. If you can wait about 3-4 months, just order from Granger and save yourself $$$. You’ll be glad you did.
As for your local dealer, buy the extended warranty from Granger when you pick up your truck and be a customer of your local service department, not their sales department.

OP
OP

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
In this market, that's not a good deal. That should be 5-7k less.

Don't pay for their optimism. What state are you in?
Im in Pennsylvania, I been checking on the prices of 2023's since January and we are just not getting big discounts compared to other states.

OP
OP

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Run... don't walk.. away from that deal. For a 2023 you should be looking at AT LEAST 10k under sticker, heck Granger is offering around 7k off a 2024 give or take depending on your build.
Pennsylvania is not getting that type of deals. The only time I come across that type of discount, the trucks were Loaners and already have 1000s of miles on them.

Koons Ford out of Maryland/Virginia is showing trucks with that type of pricing, but been told by multiple people (non-dealers) that they advertise a sale price but majority of the time you can't get that listed price.

Also really dont want a 2024, so wouldnt go that route

Sponsored

KirkG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150
You really should take a trip out to Granger

LCF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
Occupation
Union Laborer
Im in Pennsylvania, I been checking on the prices of 2023's since January and we are just not getting big discounts compared to other states.
Depending on where in PA…try Ace Ford in Woodbury NJ…close to Philly. My XLT was $64k and got them down to $58k. Then told them I had a trade..with equity… then tax,tag, etc….
Great to work with and no bs. This was Sept of last year.

OP
OP

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Depending on where in PA…try Ace Ford in Woodbury NJ…close to Philly. My XLT was $64k and got them down to $58k. Then told them I had a trade..with equity… then tax,tag, etc….
Great to work with and no bs. This was Sept of last year.
Might check them out. Thanks

Unfortunately it seems if i want to get a XLT Sport with a 5.0L, the dealers will need to make a trade with another dealer to get it

FrankSJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum 3.5 RR BAP, 2015 Mustang GT PP

Unfortunately it seems if i want to get a XLT Sport with a 5.0L, the dealers will need to make a trade with another dealer to get it
Chapman in Egg Harbor NJ. Not sure how far this would be from You in PA, but I ordered my truck from them in 2022 and no games at all.
They are on this forum if you search
Alicia Vandine was great to work with

here is a truck similar to one you described
hope it helps

https://www.chapmanford.net/wholesale-new/Ford/2023-Ford-F-150-4b2b41ee0a0e0a933c362d3fa012d8e2.htm

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW

Are you in a rush to get the new truck? Like, do you need it today, next week?
Sponsored