Sponsored

Pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking saved my life or did it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14557
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 14557

I was traveling a single lane mountain road in a bright sunfilled afternoon and crossed the center line at around 50mph; my truck was half way over the line when I noticed my mistake and I was able to observe the on coming vehicle an older jeep square body had already moved to side of road, and continued past me. I quickly steered back into my lane and the truck straightened up almost stabilized itself. NO precollision warning went off in my dash. I thought I had every safety feature enabled including lane departure warning. It did not warn me I was across the line. The moment made me take a deep breath and appreciate the safety features in the new vehicles. I have since wondered why no precollision warning fired off. PErhaps the other vehicle was not immenently in front but I know it was there. IF it was'nt for the other driver being alert and preplanning it would have been a bad collision.
Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I believe that the lane sensors are camera-based, so if the sun was bright enough to block your view, then it may have similarly rendered the sensors useless?

OP
OP

Deleted member 14557

I believe that the lane sensors are camera-based, so if the sun was bright enough to block your view, then it may have similarly rendered the sensors useless?
Thanks Aaron, what i did experience was the truck straightened up and held the road pretty good. I am a seasoned driver however; I do remember the position of the road relative to the sky was not flat I was cresting a hill. I fealt very lucky.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
wrong thread
Sponsored