Insman1515

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Question…
I’ve had my 21’ powerboost for a couple days now. I’ve noticed that at low speeds the dif lock light comes on automatically while the vehicle is in 2H. It makes turning a bit weird. Is this a normal feature on the powerboost or do I have an issue going on. Thanks.
Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
That definitely doesn’t sound normal to me. Are you unknowingly in some drive mode that activates it?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Question…
I’ve had my 21’ powerboost for a couple days now. I’ve noticed that at low speeds the dif lock light comes on automatically while the vehicle is in 2H. It makes turning a bit weird. Is this a normal feature on the powerboost or do I have an issue going on. Thanks.
Not sure if this may be your issue, but on your drive mode selector (twistable knob on the bottom left of the center stack) and can press the center button of that knob. I believe that is what locks and unlocks the electronic locking differential. Maybe give it a press and see if it was on?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Question…
Here is a photo of the drive mode selector for reference. You can actually “push” the center of that knob and it will lock/unlock the differential.

Ford F-150 Powerboost differential lock 3E5BACB5-4FA5-4975-A4ED-89FB2E138870

OP
OP

Insman1515

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here is a photo of the drive mode selector for reference. You can actually “push” the center of that knob and it will lock/unlock the differential.

3E5BACB5-4FA5-4975-A4ED-89FB2E138870.png
Thx so much. I’ll try it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Insman1515

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure if this may be your issue, but on your drive mode selector (twistable knob on the bottom left of the center stack) and can press the center button of that knob. I believe that is what locks and unlocks the electronic locking differential. Maybe give it a press and see if it was on?
I’ll try that. Hopefully that fixes it. I would have thought that would reset when the vehicle was turned of but maybe not. Thx.

OP
OP

Insman1515

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok. I feel like a dummy. The button fixed it. My last f150 had the pull knob for the dif lock. I was thinking the whole time it had something to do with the EV part of the powerboost. The dealership delivered it with it on. Thx so much for your help!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok. I feel like a dummy. The button fixed it. My last f150 had the pull knob for the dif lock. I was thinking the whole time it had something to do with the EV part of the powerboost. The dealership delivered it with it on. Thx so much for your help!
Outstanding. Glad it worked!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just a follow up for you @Insman1515 . The Drive Mode won’t button do anything (light up, or alert you) if you accidentally press it. However, a little orange light at the bottom left of your instrument cluster will light up letting you know the diff. is locked.

Ford F-150 Powerboost differential lock 99D93AFD-831F-4DF1-92B8-1812CD1CD7F4

OP
OP

Insman1515

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just a follow up for you @Insman1515 . The Drive Mode won’t button do anything (light up, or alert you) if you accidentally press it. However, a little orange light at the bottom left of your instrument cluster will light up letting you know the diff. is locked.

99D93AFD-831F-4DF1-92B8-1812CD1CD7F4.jpeg
Thx so much. I really appreciate it.
Sponsored