First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I am getting a Limited PowerBoost and it lists a lockable storage but I saw someone on this site with a KR diesel and a 7.2 KW with an inverter in the cubbyhole spot in the back seat. On the hybrids where is the inverter?
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
On the Powerboost everything is located under the truck between the frame rails. All other engine configurations require the inverter to be located under the rear seat due to fuel tank size/location issues. The Powerboost comes with a unique 30.6 gallon tank.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Rubicon is correct. With the PowerBoost, all of the ProPower On Board outlets are powered by the hybrid battery. The outlets in the truck bed on gas only engines, will be powered by an inverter which is stored under the rear passenger seat.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I am getting a Limited PowerBoost and it lists a lockable storage but I saw someone on this site with a KR diesel and a 7.2 KW with an inverter in the cubbyhole spot in the back seat. On the hybrids where is the inverter?
As they all have said, plus here are some photos. Everything in orange is part of the hybrid/propower system wiring. Another reason why the PowerBoost is the best way to go, in my opinion.

Ford F-150 Lockable storage with Powerboost 1610802371430

Ford F-150 Lockable storage with Powerboost 1610802449218

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Lockable storage is the center console on mine.

Sponsored

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
FWIW, my salesman told me the subwoofer for the B&O upgrade is outside the cab to keep from encroaching interior space. Can anyone confirm that? My current 2018 STX has tons of rear underseat space with nothing in the way. I saw subs and inverters cluttering the area on higher spec'd trucks. I'll be extatic if my 2021 PB will still have the same space I have now even with all the power and sound upgrades!

OP
OP

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
FWIW, my salesman told me the subwoofer for the B&O upgrade is outside the cab to keep from encroaching interior space. Can anyone confirm that? My current 2018 STX has tons of rear underseat space with nothing in the way. I saw subs and inverters cluttering the area on higher spec'd trucks. I'll be extatic if my 2021 PB will still have the same space I have now even with all the power and sound upgrades!
It's behind the rear seat and doesn't take any floor space. Outside cab sounds like what my late neighbor would do?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I’ve seen the B&O Unleashed in person and can confirm then subwoofer will be behind the rear seat.

Multiple pictures of the subwoofer by itself and behind the seat throughout the thread here ?:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...shed-sound-system-review-2021-f-150-????.791/

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Your salesperson is mistaken. The B&O subwoofer is inside the cabin, behind the rear seats. (There are photos elsewhere on this Forum.). The good news is that it doesn’t take up floor space.
Sponsored