First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Self Employed
On Tuesday, I took my 2023 Powerboost (15,000 miles) to Ford dealer to have tiny leak in rear differential fixed. The leak was so tiny, it woulda taken 3-4 years for it to become an issue. They replaced the seal.

On Thursday, my son took my vehicle on a 120 mile round trip road trip. On the way home he texts me and told me that the pickup says "Check Locking Differential. Service Vehicle Soon"

At the same time I get a pop up from Ford App, says "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power".

I asked my son if it slowed down, had less power, etc. He said no. He was almost home, so I said just drive it home to garage.

When he got home, I looked underneath. Rear Differential dry as a bone. No leaks.

I got in it, drove it down the road, here and there etc.... no message popped up (it was gone when I restarted it, so I never did see the message)

Aside from taking it to Ford again.... any ideas? I've seen a few other threads where someone mentioned a loose wire/wiring harness not tight?
Sponsored

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I suppose your differential is locked (when it shouldn't be), or the system thinks it is locked. Do you get low speed wheel hopping in a turn? Or is the locked symbol illuminated?

OP
OP

ndtim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Self Employed
No rear dif lock symbol. Turns fine in short circles on pavement . No signs of anything wrong
Sponsored