Sponsored

Power Running Boards only extend if unlock via putting my hand in the door handle

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Today the automatic power running boards that used to extend automatically when I was near the truck now tney only extend if unlock via putting my hand in the door handle. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Today the automatic power running boards that used to extend automatically when I was near the truck now tney only extend if unlock via putting my hand in the door handle. Any suggestions?
I believe that is a setting for on approach in the config. It may operate on detecting the FOB (otherwise they would go down every time someone walked by) so also make sure there isn’t something interfering with that signal in the same pocket such as a cell phone.

OP
OP
NY Cowboy

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
I believe that is a setting for on approach in the config. It may operate on detecting the FOB (otherwise they would go down every time someone walked by) so also make sure there isn’t something interfering with that signal in the same pocket such as a cell phone.
I did not change any settings always have the key in the right front pocket of my Levi's and cell phone is on my left side as usual. One day it was auto then the next it stopped?

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I did not change any settings always have the key in the right front pocket of my Levi's and cell phone is on my left side as usual. One day it was auto then the next it stopped?
Even without changing the setting I would still check it, there are plenty of reports of settings sometimes resetting.

Check pg 115 of the manual.
Sponsored