2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
Good evening,

I’ve ordered a 2021 Platinum with nearly all available options back on 12/14/2020. I now have the VIN and went through the great decoder that I found on this site. I live in Kansas City, so naturally assumed that my build would happen in our local Claycomo plant (KC, Missouri). However, based on the VIN, it’s scheduled to be build in the Dearborn plant.

I can only assume this is due to some sort of feature/option that I’ve selected in the build process? Maybe something like the Powerboost engine?

Has anyone heard of a particular plant only handling certain order features?

Thanks.
Sponsored

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost
Good evening,

I’ve ordered a 2021 Platinum with nearly all available options back on 12/14/2020. I now have the VIN and went through the great decoder that I found on this site. I live in Kansas City, so naturally assumed that my build would happen in our local Claycomo plant (KC, Missouri). However, based on the VIN, it’s scheduled to be build in the Dearborn plant.

I can only assume this is due to some sort of feature/option that I’ve selected in the build process? Maybe something like the Powerboost engine?

Has anyone heard of a particular plant only handling certain order features?

Thanks.
Wow, nice1; I ordered a loaded Platinum on 11/30 and still no VIN.
Sponsored