Park Aid Fault

Texican

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
Truck had zero issues for the first 2500 miles but now on a trip from KC to Texas my park aid is no longer working. I stopped outside of Tulsa for a quick pit stop. I get in the truck, put it in reverse and these messages popped up. All the cameras, lane keep assist, blue cruise etc all work. Plan on asking the dealer when I take it in for its first service. Just curious if anyone has experienced the same.

Ford F-150 Park Aid Fault Rear brake assist

Ford F-150 Park Aid Fault Park aid fault

Ford F-150 Park Aid Fault Error pic
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Did you happen to put it in reverse when one of the doors wasn't closed all the way?

I think that happened to me a while back.

Try turning it back on in the menus.

Worth a shot.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Truck had zero issues for the first 2500 miles but now on a trip from KC to Texas my park aid is no longer working. I stopped outside of Tulsa for a quick pit stop. I get in the truck, put it in reverse and these messages popped up. All the cameras, lane keep assist, blue cruise etc all work. Plan on asking the dealer when I take it in for its first service. Just curious if anyone has experienced the same.

Rear brake assist.jpg

Park aid fault.jpg

Error pic.jpg
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

ktrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
I have the same issue. Not even 4K miles. Scheduled to go in on the 7th.

KJ018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I had that happen to my truck too. It happened when I had my bed liner replaced. Its in the shop now for it (among other things) and they said its a bad camera. I know 21's have a TSB out for it, its on other threads in these forums.

Sponsored

Unclespeed

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 and jeep wrangler
Happened to me today. Any fixes? Dealer wait is months out to look at it. I have 7k miles. It’s really disappointing. Prob nothing to do with it but I just had my windshield replaced

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
Happened to me today. Any fixes? Dealer wait is months out to look at it. I have 7k miles. It’s really disappointing. Prob nothing to do with it but I just had my windshield replaced
I had the warning messages about reverse brake assist unavailable every time I started the truck for at least a week. In my case, it turns out it started happening because I had disconnected the connector to my rearview mirror when I put in a power tap for my dash cam. Tapping the power didn't matter, but the truck didn't like disconnecting and reconnecting the cable. The truck got into a state where it thought reverse park assist was not working and stayed that way.

It's a long shot, but since they may have disconnected that on yours when they replaced the windshield, make sure they clipped the connector back into your rearview mirror ok, and toggle off then on the reverse brake assist in settings. In my case, this resolved it. Apparently one of the modules involved with reverse brake assist lives in the rearview mirror (or is powered by that harness).

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
There was a discussion somewhere about this happening after people had spray in bed liner done and they removed the tailgate. It had to be reflashed. I had this happen for a split second the first morning I had it, wife didn't have the door closed when I put it in reverse.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I've had it randomly pop up on a coldstart-first reverse of the day. Then I go days with everything fine.

I haven't really troubleshot it much but no way is my truck going to a dealership for this. First, I can't even be sure it would happen for them. And if there isn't a code they aren't likely to do anything anyway.

Of course they might keep the truck for days while they wait for a call back from some field engineer? :)

One of these days it'll just go out or some module update will fix it. Regardless, I'll just try not to back over the chicken coop in the morning. (the first obstacle behind me and I can see it in all its glory with 360 camera.

Unclespeed

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 and jeep wrangler
I had the warning messages about reverse brake assist unavailable every time I started the truck for at least a week. In my case, it turns out it started happening because I had disconnected the connector to my rearview mirror when I put in a power tap for my dash cam. Tapping the power didn't matter, but the truck didn't like disconnecting and reconnecting the cable. The truck got into a state where it thought reverse park assist was not working and stayed that way.

It's a long shot, but since they may have disconnected that on yours when they replaced the windshield, make sure they clipped the connector back into your rearview mirror ok, and toggle off then on the reverse brake assist in settings. In my case, this resolved it. Apparently one of the modules involved with reverse brake assist lives in the rearview mirror (or is powered by that harness).
I’ll try this Thankyou

Sponsored

Unclespeed

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 and jeep wrangler
I've had it randomly pop up on a coldstart-first reverse of the day. Then I go days with everything fine.

I haven't really troubleshot it much but no way is my truck going to a dealership for this. First, I can't even be sure it would happen for them. And if there isn't a code they aren't likely to do anything anyway.

Of course they might keep the truck for days while they wait for a call back from some field engineer? :)

One of these days it'll just go out or some module update will fix it. Regardless, I'll just try not to back over the chicken coop in the morning. (the first obstacle behind me and I can see it in all its glory with 360 camera.
I get it. But it gets annoying everytime I start up the truck. And it’s a 60k vehicle that’s brand new. I want it to work as is. I park fine without the sensors.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I get it. But it gets annoying everytime I start up the truck. And it’s a 60k vehicle that’s brand new. I want it to work as is. I park fine without the sensors.
I completely concur. :)

Annoying is the right word for me too.
I'm just relieved THAT is the only shortcoming that I have on this incredibly complex piece of rolling technology.

There's some real horror stories around that has me feeling fortunate.
Sponsored